Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bdonpowerlifter

acne diet/what foods can i actually consume?

okay i have a question. how can you be sure what foods cause you, personally, to break out? how can you test al lthe differnet foods, meat, dairy, wheat, etc. my second question is this. in people where they clear there acne using topicals and pills like pro activ and stuff like that, is that because their diets are not affected by acne and the people who those thngs did not work for their diet does have an effect. Personally, I have never felt that my diet really affected my acne at all. i can eat pizza and chips and all that stuff and then i can not eat them for a while and replace it with veggies and stuff and my face is exactly the same. my breakouts are always just random and i have never seen a difference from eating certain foods which brings me to my next question. Is diet, for me, not affecting my acne at all or is it just keeping me from clearing my skin. i dont think eating certain things actually make my acne worse, but i now am starting to think that maybe certain foods are simply keeping it from getting clear rather than causing it. does anyone else feel this way about themselves? if i could just find out it would be a lot easier. i hate only eating veggies and fruit and no milk, meat,etc. in fact, the main reason i do not think my diet affects my acne is cuz i used to drink like half a gallon a day along with a lot of meat and eggs and stuff (i am a powerlifter and need my protein) and my face never seemed affected by it it just got breakouts randomly like my diet was not really the cause. akso i have had no dairy or meat in a week and there is no difference at all.

I have the same problem. Avoiding sugar, fats, dairy etc and am basically only eating fish, vegetables and fruits. I have been doing this for 6 months now and although I feel much better in general there has been no change in my acne at all. My breakouts seem to be totally random.

Although I have read that wheat is probably the food that causes breakouts more than any other food. Has anyone tried avoiding wheat completely and had any success? I might give that a try...

i would keep meat, veggies, rice get rid of the wheat, dairy and maybe even soy, fruit is fine in moderation and try not to have too much sugar

I READ THAT IODINE ITS BAD FOR ACNE AND ITS FOUND ON MANY FISHES I DONT EAT SEA FOOD EVER IN MY LIFE I HATE IT.....AND ALSO MILK CAN CAUSE ACNE SO I STOPED EATING MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS BUT I GET TEMPTED AND I HAVE SEEN MY SCARS GETTING LIGHTER AFTER I STOPED EATING MILK BUT THAT IS JUST ME AND ONE OF MY FRIENDS SAID PORK CAUSE HER TO BREAK OUT AND I DONT EAT PORK EVER NOTHING LIKE BACON OR ANYTHING THAT ITS MADE FROM PORK LIKE HAM....BREAD ITS ANOTHER BUT I EAT LOST OF BREAD I GUESS I CANT NEVER STOP EATING IT.......I THINK FOOD DOES HAVE AN EFFECT BUT IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON AND YOUR SKIN SO JUST WRITE DOWN WHAT YOU EAT AND THEN THE OUTCOMES AND YOU MIGHT FIND THAT SOME FOOD DO CAUSE YOU TO BREAK........I HATE MILK BUT I LOVE ICE CREAM ALFREDO AND PIZZA ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

I am avoiding gluten like the plague to prevent further acne flare-ups. Gluten is the protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and, possibly, oats.

Google gluten + acne (and many other disorders and diseases). If you dont already know about gluten, you will be shocked!

~J-Dog

I have the same problem. Avoiding sugar, fats, dairy etc and am basically only eating fish, vegetables and fruits. I have been doing this for 6 months now and although I feel much better in general there has been no change in my acne at all. My breakouts seem to be totally random.

Don't worry, Pollymolly, I'm in the same boat as you :)