Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

mac eyeshadows and eyeshadow brushes

Im so excited! I dont normally wear eyeshadow but ever since I became addicted to youtube and watching girls talk about eyeshadows and watching them apply it, I decided to give it a shot. I bought MAC eyeshadows in Multch Velvet and Blue Flame. I also purchased the MAC 224 brush. What MAC eyeshadows do you own and what brushes do you use?

i feel you. i've never really been into eyeshadow because i've never really been good at it until i finally realized that i was using crappy brushes. i've been watching you tube on makeup lately too. some really awesome stuff on there. :surprised:

anyways, yesterday i went to MAC and bought the 217 brush (the blending brush, with white goat hair). i was originally looking for a concealer brush, but the lady told me the 217 works really good for a concealing brush too since it's softer than most concealer brushes and it makes it easier to apply concealer so i don't know if you use concealer or not, but if you do, try it out. i did last night when i got home and i really liked it. :dance:

but anyways, i really like the MAC 'sharkskin' shade stick, but i got it awhile ago and i think they discontinued it. it was the black one. :ninja: i used it under my other MAC eyeshadow and it made them really stand out.

the paint pots in a neutral color (the same as your eyelid) are a good base to use before putting on eyeshadow also.

i really like the regular eyeshadow in 'steamy'. i have hazel eyes so it makes them stand out.

pigment in vanilla is awesome for a highlighter.

do you own any other MAC eye shadows? if you do, which ones?! :wub:

i feel you. i've never really been into eyeshadow because i've never really been good at it until i finally realized that i was using crappy brushes. i've been watching you tube on makeup lately too. some really awesome stuff on there. :surprised:

anyways, yesterday i went to MAC and bought the 217 brush (the blending brush, with white goat hair). i was originally looking for a concealer brush, but the lady told me the 217 works really good for a concealing brush too since it's softer than most concealer brushes and it makes it easier to apply concealer so i don't know if you use concealer or not, but if you do, try it out. i did last night when i got home and i really liked it. :dance:

but anyways, i really like the MAC 'sharkskin' shade stick, but i got it awhile ago and i think they discontinued it. it was the black one. :ninja: i used it under my other MAC eyeshadow and it made them really stand out.

the paint pots in a neutral color (the same as your eyelid) are a good base to use before putting on eyeshadow also.

i really like the regular eyeshadow in 'steamy'. i have hazel eyes so it makes them stand out.

pigment in vanilla is awesome for a highlighter.

do you own any other MAC eye shadows? if you do, which ones?! :wub:

Yeah, I am totally addicted to youtube now also

I really like the MAC brushes. What concealer are you using with your 217? Sorry the discontinued a product you liked :( I will have to check out the paintpods, thank you for the recommendation and the steamy. My eyes are mostly brown, but if you look real closely I also have green in them. In fact, my mom has green eyes and my dad has brown.

No, I dont have anymore MAC eyeshadows. I just started wearing eyeshadow

oh mac eye shadows are my addiction! lol i have at least 50 :wub:

and they're brushes are AMAZING! my favorite is the 239, which is the perfect brush whether you want to do just one color on you lid, multiple colors, and even putting darker colors in the crease. its amazing!

i second the paint pots, they really make the eyeshadow "stick". I would suggest getting a paint pot in "bare study" its a sheer nude color that has shimmer in it as well. its amazing as a base as well as when you're in a hurry, i just swipe some onto my lid and its a nice natural look.

also next time you go, look into getting some purple shadows, they really make brown/green eyes pop!

I might actually have to go back tomorrow. I bought a lipstick while I was there today and the woman gave me the totally wrong color! Its this hideously bright red

Do you know if the 224 brush is just for blending or it can be used to apply the eyeshadow too? That is the brush I purchased today. I also have the EDM eyeshadow brush if that only will work for blending

I will look at the paint pod on makeupalley.com

I was actually consider getting a purple eyeshadow but I only wanted two eyeshadows. The blue I bought is beautiful

that sucks about the lipstick! but then again i love any excuse to go back to mac :D

the 224 is pretty much for blending, i mean you could use it for applying shadow to the lid but since its so large and fluffy its just harder to control and it may not pack on the color so it looks like it does in the pot.

i've never seen the EDM eyeshadow brush, (i just looked on the site and its not on there!) but i'd assume it would work well, as long as it's not as big and fluffy as the 224.

I really like the MAC brushes. What concealer are you using with your 217? Sorry the discontinued a product you liked :( I will have to check out the paintpods, thank you for the recommendation and the steamy. My eyes are mostly brown, but if you look real closely I also have green in them. In fact, my mom has green eyes and my dad has brown.

i've been using the studio finish concealer, but i've been using it for a few months now and i don't think i really like it. for some reason i think it makes my marks stand out more and it gives my face an overall kinda 'dirty' look. ugh. i really want a better concealer, but i'm just not sure which to go with. i don't wanna spend money on another crappy concealer. i've looked on makeup alley.com for hours, but i get sooo lost. haha any suggestions?

and yesss definitely check out a paint pot. and a purple eyeshadow. i love love purple. makes the eyes look so pretty.

that sucks about the lipstick. ahh i've never been a big fan of bright red lipsticks either. i always always check the products first before i leave because it's always soo busy in MAC and the ladies sometimes make mistakes.

i've been using the studio finish concealer, but i've been using it for a few months now and i don't think i really like it. for some reason i think it makes my marks stand out more and it gives my face an overall kinda 'dirty' look. ugh. i really want a better concealer, but i'm just not sure which to go with. i don't wanna spend money on another crappy concealer. i've looked on makeup alley.com for hours, but i get sooo lost. haha any suggestions?

and yesss definitely check out a paint pot. and a purple eyeshadow. i love love purple. makes the eyes look so pretty.

that sucks about the lipstick. ahh i've never been a big fan of bright red lipsticks either. i always always check the products first before i leave because it's always soo busy in MAC and the ladies sometimes make mistakes.

I recommend everyday minerals concealer but not the pearl mint one; that one is aweful! I also recommend their make up. I hated it before but now that I have better brushes, I LOVE IT!

I love purple too but blue is my favorite

I will probably walk down to the mall later today and exchange it.

that sucks about the lipstick! but then again i love any excuse to go back to mac :D

the 224 is pretty much for blending, i mean you could use it for applying shadow to the lid but since its so large and fluffy its just harder to control and it may not pack on the color so it looks like it does in the pot.

i've never seen the EDM eyeshadow brush, (i just looked on the site and its not on there!) but i'd assume it would work well, as long as it's not as big and fluffy as the 224.

:lol: That is why I plan on going back today. I will most definitely exchange it for a different lipstick and I am thinking about buying their eyelash curler. Have you used it?

I will try using the 224 to apply it and if it doesnt work I will use the everyday minerals one. I think the reason its not there is because they are out of stock of it until the 17th. Thats what I had read. She shows the brush in her video here http://video.aol.com/video-detail/everyday...haul/2513137891

I have a couple which I accumulated over the years whenever I have money to buy. I have the 213, 217, 224, 239 and 242. My favourite is actually the 217 and 224 which does applying and shading very well. I like 242 as well to apply concealer under my eyes.

I have always been a fan of their paint pots. I own almost all of them because its one of those shadows that can actually adhere to my really oily lids and these paintpots do last a very long time. I use soft ochere as my base for my other eyeshadows. Recently I realise, you can actually use the fluidline as eyeshadow as well. For some reason I find MAC's powdered eyeshadows very pigmented so I didn't really like them because I don't like very strong looks, I prefer Stila's or bodyshop's pigments

Besides eyeshadows they have very good blushes, bronzers and powders as well. I highly recommend the bronzer in Golden.

I just came back from the mall again. I walked there and back. I got blisters on both my ankles because I was stupid and I didnt wear nylons with my ballet flats

I got a paint pod in girl friendly! They were low on their selection. They had girl friendly, a chocolate brown, and a black. I also bought the 242 brush and the fast play lipstick which I have but Im running low on it

lol you're so cute, soon you're gonna be addicted!

you got lucky on that paint pot too! it was a limited edition one from awhile ago!

also be ready, on july 10th they have a few new collections coming out (they have maybe 3-4 collections that come out every 2 months which are mostly limited edition)

here's the collections that are coming out that day, these are links to a mac message board:

sonic chic- lots of pretty blushes!

electroflash-

gorgeous eyeshadow duos!

...and then on the 18th there are some special items that you can only get at a nordstrom's mac counter it's called color forms

hopefully you'll enjoy looking at those things, and try not to go broke! lol

lol Thanks for the heads up! I wont be buying make up for awhile though because then I really will be broke. I will have bills to pay. I already purchased the $34 EDM kit, two MAC brushes, the slimshine lipstick in think tan, the fast play lipstick, the two eyeshadows, and the girl friendly paint pot.

Omg I am so incredibly bored tonight

I just came back from the mall again. I walked there and back. I got blisters on both my ankles because I was stupid and I didnt wear nylons with my ballet flats

I got a paint pod in girl friendly! They were low on their selection. They had girl friendly, a chocolate brown, and a black. I also bought the 242 brush and the fast play lipstick which I have but Im running low on it

hey im invading this convo haha!

like u, i have been watchin youtube vids bout makeup a lot and i hav never used makeup in my life (save from halloween lol) so im totally clueless!! hows everyday whatever thing workn 4 u? and hav u tried bare minerals? and if u go on youtube agen (which im guessin u will! haha) check out kitcat627's vids shes awesome!!

like u, i have been watchin youtube vids bout makeup a lot and i hav never used makeup in my life (save from halloween lol) so im totally clueless!! hows everyday whatever thing workn 4 u? and hav u tried bare minerals? and if u go on youtube agen (which im guessin u will! haha) check out kitcat627's vids shes awesome!!

Yes, I used to use bare escentuals but I like EDM better. As a matter of fact, I subscribed to kitcat627, the first time I noticed she makes videos

lol I started wearing make up when I was around thirteen years old lol I used to wear cheap lipstick from SafeWay lol At that age, thats as far as I went. Around sixteen is when I started wearing foundation.