Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So what are the common no-nos for an anti-acne diet? Is it sugar, gluten, wheat, dairy... I think everyone agrees on dairy b/c of the hormones and processing (pasteurization), but what about the rest? Rice is a grain, but has no gluten....but it is high on the GI. Can somebody clear this up for me? Seems like people are assuming gluten, grains, wheat, sugar, high GI foods are all the same (they are not). What specfically can't most acne sufferers process that causes them to breakout???

So what are the common no-nos for an anti-acne diet? Is it sugar, gluten, wheat, dairy... I think everyone agrees on dairy b/c of the hormones and processing (pasteurization), but what about the rest? Rice is a grain, but has no gluten....but it is high on the GI. Can somebody clear this up for me? Seems like people are assuming gluten, grains, wheat, sugar, high GI foods are all the same (they are not). What specfically can't most acne sufferers process that causes them to breakout???

It depends

some are very sensitive to GI those who aren't can eat rice everyday ( like me )

I eat white rice everyday.. well used to i stopped a while ago to see if i get acne cause of it

AND YEP i still get acne even if i avoided it.. gonna get back at it.. i love rice.

Sugars and dairy are worse , Wheat also bad but many many wont get break out from it

i see many people eating bread... etc ..

so ya it depend we all different. :)

It depends

some are very sensitive to GI those who aren't can eat rice everyday ( like me )

I eat white rice everyday.. well used to i stopped a while ago to see if i get acne cause of it

AND YEP i still get acne even if i avoided it.. gonna get back at it.. i love rice.

Sugars and dairy are worse , Wheat also bad but many many wont get break out from it

i see many people eating bread... etc ..

so ya it depend we all different. :)

So it seems like sugar (high GI foods = sugar spike) are more likely the cause (vs gluten). Gluten - free pasta still a bad idea....low GI wheats are better.

I'm coming to a conclusion that non-gluten carbohydrates can be eaten--but the more of it you eat, the lower your saturated fat intake must be to remain healthy. Carbohydrates are converted into saturated fat by the body in times of need. I believe this is why the Japanese are healthier than Americans: sure, they eat plenty of high-GI rice, but their saturated fat intake is also relatively low (and their calories much more restricted than in America).

Consider that when cows are fattened on grain, the saturated fat content of their meat increases.