Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone, Well my anxiety is raging through the roof as we speak. About 3 days ago I started developing a red spot on my upper lip. I work in a very hot enviroment outside where i pour sweat all day long all over my face. I used to have very bad acne but accutane and proactiv cleared that up really well. After i started working outdoors and pouring sweat all week, my face started to break out again. Well three days ago like i said this red little dot appeared. I figured it would turn into a whitehead just like they all do (i get pimples very close to my mouth) alot. This is just bothering me so much because im fearing that I have oral herpes HSV1. From worrying so much my neck hurts, I have headaches and my throat feels like its getting sore sometimes but im just spazing out because im fearing that I have herpes. Please check out this photo and let me know what you think. The area hurts a tad, just like a pimple, doesnt really twitch or tingle and its not oozing fluids or scabbed. Its RIGHT on the top area of redness on your lip. I cant see any more dots unless i put my tongue behind the dot and push really hard but I think that im seeing oil glands.

So heres a basic description.

Theres one dot thats kinda greyish (can barely see it) and looks like it has a small black dot dead center. Area is red and slightly sore if I play around with it. Could this be an ingrown hair on my lip area from shaving??? Thank you!!

post-22851-1214689007_thumb.jpg

post-22851-1214689007_thumb.jpg

It could be just a bad breakout. If you have a regimen, continue to use it. I'd schedule an appointment with a dermatologist as well. If it happens to be a cold sore, and not a pimple; I would suggest Camphonique, it's the best on cold sores.

Overall, please don't stress. I know it's hard to, but promoting stress will only lead to overexhaustion of your body. Plus, stress will cause other acne breakouts, so chill! Everything will pass in due time.

Yeah I think I recall having one of these before and posting up on here actually. But it was years ago. I am stressing myself out so much lately. School, work and money etc.

I just hope that this isnt a cold sore because that would mean herpes and the thought of that puts my mind and body into a shock phase. In which ive been in for the past few days. Im so scared because this one hasnt risen up with a whitehead so im thinking oh my god is this herpes?

What should I look for if it were a coldsore? It really doesnt hurt that bad unless I mess with it. Wouldnt herpes lesions be bigger and take up more of that area?

Im just way to young to be stressing like this!!! And I cant go to the derm because of working all week... I might try to get in with my family doctor.

Yeah I think I recall having one of these before and posting up on here actually. But it was years ago. I am stressing myself out so much lately. School, work and money etc.

I just hope that this isnt a cold sore because that would mean herpes and the thought of that puts my mind and body into a shock phase. In which ive been in for the past few days. Im so scared because this one hasnt risen up with a whitehead so im thinking oh my god is this herpes?

What should I look for if it were a coldsore? It really doesnt hurt that bad unless I mess with it. Wouldnt herpes lesions be bigger and take up more of that area?

Im just way to young to be stressing like this!!! And I cant go to the derm because of working all week... I might try to get in with my family doctor.

I think the vast majority of Americans have been infected with HSV 1 as a child and it just remains latent in most people's systems most of the time. It's nothing to worry about if you do get a cold sore.

the thing is it makes me feel like i can never kiss a girl again if i knew that i got one. i'd feel very upset that i transmitted it to her because they are transmitted even if you show no symptoms.

i just dont know who to go to to get a proper diagnosis on this. it could be a pimple or an ingrown hair because i went very far above my top lip the last time i shaved so i could have irritated it. i also lick my lips alot

I get those rarely, usually I know its coming when you see a small brown dot above your lip. Over time its starts to form a pimple and when you pick at it either hurts or gets bigger and more obvious. All I did was squeeze it as hard as I can and it looks like a small insect larva when it pops.

And they don't pop up after I kissed a girl either.

pinkshoeaddict is right, I was told by my doctor that pretty much everyone is infected with HSV1 by adulthood whether they actually get cold sores or not. Worrying about it is the worst thing you can do, the ONLY times I have ever gotten them have been when I was seriously stressed out although if it didn't scab over after 3 days I doubt that's even what it is.

Yeah it looks the same as it did yesterday. Nothing has changed. I am beginning to think that it is an ingrown hair because the greyish dot has a blackish dot directly in the middle.

I DO NOT have several blisters or crusty sores. Nothing is scabbed over. Ive had this for about 4 days now I think. 3-4 is my guess. o

On friday it was starting to bother me and yesturday is when the redness was at its most. Today the redness is the same. But as far as many blisters that are crusty, I do not have that and all of the pictures online of coldsores and the herpes sores do not resemble this whatsoever but my anxiety is still raging at this current second. I pretty much stress out everyday about herpes even when I dont have any pimples that lead me to think that. Sucks doesnt it? Stress will mess a person up!

idk if it's herpes but i was told you can break out in herpes *if you have it* when you're very stressed out.

get tested if you think it is.