Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

My negative experience with acne diet

I have been on an acne diet for three weeks and over the last two weeks I have removed almost everything this board suggested from my diet. Over this time my acne has only gotten worse and I have had to base too much of my life around getting, preparing, and avoiding the right foods. Not to mention I have bought some expensive supplements that have done nothing. I was 100% besides red spots before this diet and my plan was to use this diet and stop taking anti biotics. Now in places that were clear since I started taking the meds I have bad outbreaks of acne. I am also getting terrible back and chest acne which I used to have very little of and was going away. Not to mention I have not been able to sleep very well and I have had colds and not felt the best overall.

In my case dieting did not work. I am going to go back to to my old diet were I still ate healthy but did not exclude foods just because their was a chance they caused acne. Sure I ate some processed foods and some sugar but my overall diet was made up of natural and wholesome foods. I believe way too much has been put on the food and acne connection and I am going to stick with my doctors explanation - my pores are still not matured and my oil production is in adulthood.

I pretty much did the basic acne.org diet:

No carbs

No processed foods

No dairy

Only lean meats

That is not the acne.org diet. You need to eat meat that has not had the fat removed from it. If you aren't eating carbs and you're eating lean met you're getting the majority of calories from protein which is not healthy at all. Excess protein is converted to glucose so it's as if you never stopped eating carbs in the first place. I can see why your acne got worse. If you want to eat low carb you need to eat high fat, while avoiding vegetable oils and trans fats.

Umm, you can't simply stop taking antibiotics cold turkey and hope diet can continue the job. Doctors recommend that you finish the entire treatment even after you start feeling better (which I didn't do *crosses fingers*), or that you gradually decrease the amount you take for a long period of time before quiting. The outbreak you might be experiencing might be coming from this, and so any improvements that might be expected from changing your diet will not be seen.

It doesn't make sense that avoiding processed foods or dairy could actually contribute to acne, but something drastic like avoiding all carbohydrates may or may not help, and should be done later if other techniques are not working I believe.

Hey, man... I'm trying the famous anti-acne over the last --- 6 MONTHS --- without the expected results (80-90% clear) and I don't complain :) You must find what is causing you acne. I realized for myself that I have lactose-intolerance and sugar problems...and maybe digestive problems. My diet now looks like this: avoid-dairy, avoid-sugar, Taurine and liver flushes.

I have been on an acne diet for three weeks

Sorry but that's no time at all to throw in the towel, it can take months!

Hey, man... I'm trying the famous anti-acne over the last --- 6 MONTHS --- without the expected results (80-90% clear) and I don't complain :) You must find what is causing you acne. I realized for myself that I have lactose-intolerance and sugar problems...and maybe digestive problems. My diet now looks like this: avoid-dairy, avoid-sugar, Taurine and liver flushes.

Just what is this 'famous anti-acne' diet? Everyone here follows a diet fairly unique to them. So what's up with people saying they tried/are trying/want to try following 'the diet?'

The closest thing to any consensus is to avoid processed foods (sugar, refined grains, bad fats) and replace with nutrient dense, real food.

The second closest is to try avoiding the most common allergen/intolerances like dairy and gluten to see if they are a problem for you. You should eliminate these things one at a time. For one thing, if you eliminate too many foods at once, you run the risk of eating too much of something that you have an intolerance for.

Just what is this 'famous anti-acne' diet? Everyone here follows a diet fairly unique to them. So what's up with people saying they tried/are trying/want to try following 'the diet?'

The closest thing to any consensus is to avoid processed foods (sugar, refined grains, bad fats) and replace with nutrient dense, real food.

The second closest is to try avoiding the most common allergen/intolerances like dairy and gluten to see if they are a problem for you. You should eliminate these things one at a time. For one thing, if you eliminate too many foods at once, you run the risk of eating too much of something that you have an intolerance for.

This is the 'famous anti-acne' diet. You understand me pretty well.

I have been on an acne diet for three weeks and over the last two weeks I have removed almost everything this board suggested from my diet. Over this time my acne has only gotten worse and I have had to base too much of my life around getting, preparing, and avoiding the right foods. Not to mention I have bought some expensive supplements that have done nothing. I was 100% besides red spots before this diet and my plan was to use this diet and stop taking anti biotics. Now in places that were clear since I started taking the meds I have bad outbreaks of acne. I am also getting terrible back and chest acne which I used to have very little of and was going away. Not to mention I have not been able to sleep very well and I have had colds and not felt the best overall.

In my case dieting did not work. I am going to go back to to my old diet were I still ate healthy but did not exclude foods just because their was a chance they caused acne. Sure I ate some processed foods and some sugar but my overall diet was made up of natural and wholesome foods. I believe way too much has been put on the food and acne connection and I am going to stick with my doctors explanation - my pores are still not matured and my oil production is in adulthood.

No carbs

No processed foods

No dairy

Only lean meats

No worries. Personally, I've also decided not to go the strict diet route. I have had such anxiety over the past 3 weeks, thinking this food was going to break me out and this, It's just not worth it. I'd rather stick with my "chemicals" and have a little fun. Im still going to eat healthy but when I go out out Im going to eat whatever the hell I want. I personally believe that being a free flowing person is going to help my skin more than stressing and stessing about my diet. You only live once.

You need carbs! Even if they do break you out, it is so unhealthy not to get any carbs. Just avoid low quality manufactured junk carbs. Please tell me you haven't stopped eating fruit?

Okay to adress some things.

1 I did not stop taking anti-biotics.

2 I ate tuna, chicken breast, and venicine for meat.

3 I am going to add in nuts because they seem to have no connection.

4 My acne got better, then worse again. I am starting to think I gave up to early.

5 I am just going to explain to my family and friends what I am doing so they don't pressure me, if they don't like it then screw them.

6 Is it really necessary to eliminate all dairy? In the studies with positive results didn't the experiment just cut out milk and not dairy as a whole?

Okay to adress some things.

1 I did not stop taking anti-biotics.

2 I ate tuna, chicken breast, and venicine for meat.

3 I am going to add in nuts because they seem to have no connection.

4 My acne got better, then worse again. I am starting to think I gave up to early.

5 I am just going to explain to my family and friends what I am doing so they don't pressure me, if they don't like it then screw them.

6 Is it really necessary to eliminate all dairy? In the studies with positive results didn't the experiment just cut out milk and not dairy as a whole?

wth O_O

u broke out while u r on antibiotic?

there's must be a problem on wut u r eating ( or life style and what u use on ur face)

I think u probably have candida from the antibiotic ( I didnt get tested for it but I am almost sure I have it!!)

** ok i think I found ur problem...

u do know u cant drink milk with antibiotic right ?

u cant take any dairy food when u take antibiotic...( within the 2 hours when u take the pill that is )

You need carbs! Even if they do break you out, it is so unhealthy not to get any carbs. Just avoid low quality manufactured junk carbs. Please tell me you haven't stopped eating fruit?

Why is it unhealthy to not get any carbs?

No carbs

No processed foods

No dairy

Only lean meats

I just want to say that Acne.org does not endorse any specific type of diet for acne. We're a peer-sharing website and we love hearing about people's experience with diet and acne and your thoughts and theories, but we do not have an "acne.org diet". :)