Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Nakez

Accutane + Stubborn Upper-Lip Acne!

Well around a month and a half ago i saw my Derm to finally put an end to my suffering. I came hoping for 'tane but knew it's never the first weapon. He wrote up 3 prescriptions for me; 1 for Differin Gel, 1 for Rx-Strength Facial Wash and 1 for Solodyn Tetracycline. I took the TC and used the products for just about 3 weeks when i broke out in hives as an allergic reaction to the TC. This presented a problem because now i couldn't take any other Cycline products because of the possible time wasted only to find another allergic reaction. He wrote me up a prescription for a blood test and everything turned out just fine, so i was started on 20mg/day Accutane (Claravis Generic). I'm on Day 6 (if i remember correctly) and i knew i'd have an IB. I started breaking out most everywhere, but it's all clearing up, with the exception of the 5 or 6 that sprung up on my upper lip. Every night they pop and every morning they're white again. The only one that's fading is one that's been there for around 2 weeks. I know time is the key, but i'd like to get these gone a little faster. I've stopped using all my previous prescriptions by order of my Derm., but i'm confused about what to do as to get these bastards gone for the Fourth of July party my family always has.

I use Cetaphil in the morning and night, and take my pill once a day with dinner.

If it helps for a possible dosage problem, i'm about 140 pounds.

Thanks!

Well around a month and a half ago i saw my Derm to finally put an end to my suffering. I came hoping for 'tane but knew it's never the first weapon. He wrote up 3 prescriptions for me; 1 for Differin Gel, 1 for Rx-Strength Facial Wash and 1 for Solodyn Tetracycline. I took the TC and used the products for just about 3 weeks when i broke out in hives as an allergic reaction to the TC. This presented a problem because now i couldn't take any other Cycline products because of the possible time wasted only to find another allergic reaction. He wrote me up a prescription for a blood test and everything turned out just fine, so i was started on 20mg/day Accutane (Claravis Generic). I'm on Day 6 (if i remember correctly) and i knew i'd have an IB. I started breaking out most everywhere, but it's all clearing up, with the exception of the 5 or 6 that sprung up on my upper lip. Every night they pop and every morning they're white again. The only one that's fading is one that's been there for around 2 weeks. I know time is the key, but i'd like to get these gone a little faster. I've stopped using all my previous prescriptions by order of my Derm., but i'm confused about what to do as to get these bastards gone for the Fourth of July party my family always has.

I use Cetaphil in the morning and night, and take my pill once a day with dinner.

If it helps for a possible dosage problem, i'm about 140 pounds.

Thanks!

Hey, I just started Accutane myself about 2 weeks ago but I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the drug after everything I've read on here.

So you have little whiteheads on your upper lip that won't go away?

If they are just stubborn zits, I would leave them and just hope they go away soon on their own. Definately do not pick! I know it sucks but they should go away quickly. If they are still there after a long time, maybe get a derm appointment?

Also, 20 mg/day is sort of a low dose isn't it? Are you bumping up after the first month or are you going to stay low-dose for your entire treatment?

Sorry I wasn't too much help,

Brian