Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knicks3

Finally ready to share a secret that helps prevent all my acne

Im 36 now so I have a looong history with Acne. Huge cystic, nodule acne. A few years ago, I finally went on Accutane which was amazing. Right around a year after, it all came back. It was right around that time I read a thread on this board where people were using the CVS brand antibiotic + pain relief creme. This made sense to me because the only things that ever helped me where bacteria fighters.

So I was using Klaron anyway, I started following up with the CVS product. In the morning I would use a 2% BP and that was it, I was clear again.

That didnt last long, I started breaking out again. I was sitting at my desk when I started to stare at the Purel sitting on my desk. I used it to clean my hands at work. It supposed to kill everything on my hands, well why wouldnt it work on my face? Plus it was easy, it could slap it on in 2 seconds all day If I wanted.

That did it! I cleared up in a few days. I still use the BP in the morning after using the Purel. At work I will take a drop and spread in my problem areas. Then at night, I use the purel and the CVS product. I also recently tried the Early Defense hand product. Its like purel but its supposed to last longer. They both seem to work well. Its been months now on this, I had been thinking about a second go around with Accutane but I dont need it now.

Try it, its cheap and you can get those small bottles of purel which fit in your pocket!

I have actually heard this before. Personally I am a little skeptical about using it, my skin is very sensitive and I fear it would react badly to the alcohol content.

But it's GREAT that it worked for you!

You could always start small, add a moisturizer or something after. The CVS product will actually help repair the skin after the purel.

Im 36 now so I have a looong history with Acne. Huge cystic, nodule acne. A few years ago, I finally went on Accutane which was amazing. Right around a year after, it all came back. It was right around that time I read a thread on this board where people were using the CVS brand antibiotic + pain relief creme. This made sense to me because the only things that ever helped me where bacteria fighters.

So I was using Klaron anyway, I started following up with the CVS product. In the morning I would use a 2% BP and that was it, I was clear again.

That didnt last long, I started breaking out again. I was sitting at my desk when I started to stare at the Purel sitting on my desk. I used it to clean my hands at work. It supposed to kill everything on my hands, well why wouldnt it work on my face? Plus it was easy, it could slap it on in 2 seconds all day If I wanted.

That did it! I cleared up in a few days. I still use the BP in the morning after using the Purel. At work I will take a drop and spread in my problem areas. Then at night, I use the purel and the CVS product. I also recently tried the Early Defense hand product. Its like purel but its supposed to last longer. They both seem to work well. Its been months now on this, I had been thinking about a second go around with Accutane but I dont need it now.

Try it, its cheap and you can get those small bottles of purel which fit in your pocket!

So the Klaron didn't help you at all?? My derm put me on Klaron and Adoxa and I was completley clear in a wee and I havn't broke out since.

So the Klaron didn't help you at all?? My derm put me on Klaron and Adoxa and I was completley clear in a wee and I havn't broke out since.

It did but I guess it ran its course. Plus Purel is cheaper and easier.

Oooh...be ready to age prematurely from that regimen. The alcohol content in Purell is horrible for your skin. I really suggest something much more gentle even if you have resilient skin..it will catch up to you soon...