Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

Quick question since I started accutane?

I started accutane just over 2 weeks ago. Since the lastfew days I havent got a pimple and my mild cystic acne seems to be completely gone. However I noticed when I get close I have millions of pores all clogged but at the same all dried out. Especially on my nose where they are all minute blackheads that you cant even see unless i stretch the skin and you get close up. My skin is now become quite dry. I also have some of these miniature bumps on my cheeks but not pimples just dried with bumps. I wanted to know ehether the accutane will get rid of these and if anyone else has noticed this when they started their course? Like I mentioned if you look from far it seems as though I am poreless except for the pigmentation marks but when you get close and I mean really close is the only time you can see them. Please tell me if these will go or not??

I find it hard to believe that accutane can remove cystic acne in 2 weeks tbh... I've been on accutane for 3 months and im just starting to get rid of the edge of mine

actually let me add more details. I normally suffer from the occasional cyst but most of my acne is mild and concentrated primarily on my cheeks. By this I mean most of acne are pimples that get infected. The week before I started tane I had no active cysts, only under skin bumps left which are inactive. My first week of accutane I get a few more pimples but by then end of the week most dried out and went. Since then on my second week I only got 2 more pimples which have now gone. However all of these have left red/brown marks.

Today was day 1 on week 3 and thus so far touch wood I am completely clear of active acne. However as I said on my first post I have all these dry bumps (blackheads/whitehead/clogged pores) all around and over my nose and the sides of it. Also I have some of these on my cheeks but none can be seen unless very close up and if i sort of stretch my skin. I wanted to know whether anyone else experienced such a thing as in all there clogged pores drying up in such a way, will these just all flake off eventually and will the pores just refill? I hope you can understand what i mean??

This is exactly what accutane does. As it shrinks the oil glands, all the gunk that is in them gets pushed out. During my first course this happened on my chin and nose. This time it is just my nose. My nose feels rough to the touch and close up you can see all these blackheads coming out. Gross but strangely fascinating! This is totally normal. During my first course the majority disappeared during the time I was on tane and the rest disappeared soon after finishing.

I noticed it coincides with the disappearance of oil...did that happen with you?

This is exactly what accutane does. As it shrinks the oil glands, all the gunk that is in them gets pushed out. During my first course this happened on my chin and nose. This time it is just my nose. My nose feels rough to the touch and close up you can see all these blackheads coming out. Gross but strangely fascinating! This is totally normal. During my first course the majority disappeared during the time I was on tane and the rest disappeared soon after finishing.

I noticed it coincides with the disappearance of oil...did that happen with you?

thanks for the reply! ye it definitely has happend as my oil has dissapeared! Yesterday night i sort of rubbed my nose and alot of them fell off but I still have alot as I dont think they have been fully pushed out. My concern is whether they will just refill again though and just be a continuous cycle of going and coming or is it just a one off??

Also before tane I used to occasionally get cysts under the skin the ones that can take weeks to go and leave nasty nasty scars. But since being on tane ive only got pimples but no cysts however I still have these bumps under my skin where I had two previous cysts. I checked today and they just seem to be the same size. Im concerned whether these will ever go or rise to a head, they are pretty deep so im assuming these could break out even when im a few months in to my course. I dont know, anyone with experience could let me know??

Also before tane I used to occasionally get cysts under the skin the ones that can take weeks to go and leave nasty nasty scars. But since being on tane ive only got pimples but no cysts however I still have these bumps under my skin where I had two previous cysts. I checked today and they just seem to be the same size. Im concerned whether these will ever go or rise to a head, they are pretty deep so im assuming these could break out even when im a few months in to my course. I dont know, anyone with experience could let me know??

I asked my dermatologist about these because I have the same thing going on. He said they will either eventually expel or get reabsorbed. I had a couple of big under-the-skin ones form during the 1st month. Now I'm into the 3rd and they're finally getting smaller.

The blackheads shouldn't keep refilling...they didn't with me. Once they were gone, they were gone. Though as I said some did take until the end of the course to go.