Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wantingskinfreedom

Just curious about those with mild acne.

I haven't seen a thread for people who are on Accutane with mild acne in a long time.

I'm just bringing this up because like always, my acne is being deceitful and is getting pretty mild because I'm in the sun everyday. It gets more moderate as soon as school starts, and it's persistant and active all year long. I can't remember a time where I had clear skin, because even if there were no zits there were always red marks. And just when I think those are healing, I break out more and more.

I don't start Accutane (for SURE this time about the date) until July 7th, and it's possible that I'll have only a few active zits by then. I'm going to be on 60mg because I weigh 130lbs, so it's the perfect dosage. I get afraid when I see people who have taken Accutane with mild acne and aggitated it and it just got worse, and stayed that way. But I have skin that scars, even with a few actives, and it's obviously been worse just a few weeks ago..I even had a couple of cysts. So Accutane should be okay, since I naturally have extremely acne prone (and VERY oily) skin, right? :| Plus I have a few actives on my back and chest all the time.

I'd really like to hear from people who are on Accutane, whose acne got mild before starting, and aren't on low dose.

Im not sure how much input I can give, as i've only been on accutane a week. From what my derm said the accutane is used to get rid of persitant acne (or thats what we are using it for in my case.) My acne is mild to moderate, and topicals/antibiotics cleared it up. But as soon as i'd start to wean myself off them, i'd break out.

I've just started an inital break out. Its not any worse than a normal breakout. I've noticed that my skin is starting to get drier, but hasn't gotten DRY yet. I'm taking 40mg for a week, and then will start taking 80 mg.

I've not had alot of side affects. I've been REALLY tired. I've been REALLY thirsty. Last night my joints were achy. My lips are chaped. Thats it. My skin is starting to break out, like I said. I've probably got 3-4 middle sized zits, and some blackheads on my nose,cheeks and chin. I hope that the results I've heard about will come to fruition.

I hope the accutane experiece goes well for you!

hey I started on tane just over 2 weeks ago on 40mg daily (hopefully to bump it upto 60mg next month). I have always suffered with mild but persistant acne (maybe 1-2 cysts at a time and/or 1-2 pimples at a time max). My skin all hyperpigmentates very easily and always leaves redmarks to begin with.

Since starting my skin has become almost completely oil free on my face and I had very oily skin before (I could start blotting it every 30 mins or so). My body oil has also reduced greatly and mu hands are drier. My lips are very dry and I have to keep applying some balm or else doom. My first week on accutane I suffered some persistant headaches which went completely in my second week. If I sit for long periods of time and get up my knee joints can hurt a bit but nothing major. I get more thirsty than usual but thats not a problem as I like drinking water. I also get very tired through the day and occasionally will have to nap.

The first week I sort of broke out with pimples they subsided and last week was week 2 and I had pretty much clear skin for the first time after a long time. I got maybe 2-3 pimples throughout the week. Today is day 2 of my 3rd week and I woke up with one pimple which I just had to pop and now its gone and currently I have zero pimples. All the pimples however have left red/brown marks. Whereas before the smaller pimples probably didnt hyperpigmentate now even these do. I haven't got a cyst since starting (touch wood) and hopefully it will stay that way. I had two inactive bumps before starting under my skin and they still seem to be there. Also my nose which was clear before but very oily is now one of the driest parts and many blackheads formed a few days back. Alot of them fell of last night as I rubbed my nose but many are still there. I have been told these will eventually go as the skin purges. So far im enjoying the benefits of tane on my skin. Make sure you dont pick too much on tane (or not at all if you can resist) as I noticed how fragile my skin now is literally. It gets red easily (and im asian so thats rare). Good luck and hopefully things will work out for you!

I'm actually starting accutane on July 7th as well, and I too only have mild acne (but extremely oily skin). Ironic.

Anyways, I took accutane in the winter for two weeks but had to stop due to the pretty severe side effects I started getting.... mainly concentration issues and that was a huge problem for me because I need all my concentration for school.

BUT I can say that within a week my oil stopped completely and bam my face was clear. No IB at all, only significant thing I can remember were the beginning of blackheads surfacing.

I decided to try again, after talking to my derm and we decided to go for a lower dose (30 mg) because once again, I'm getting unbelievably irritated with being 24 and still dealing with skin problems. I'm over it.

Are you going to keep a log? It would be nice to have someone to relate to seeing as we have similar issues.

Hey, all.

Thank you for your replies, I hope I have no IB (or at least a mild one!) like all of you!

It still seems like I'm taking the highest dose to begin with, though :( You all may weigh less than me though? But my face looked wayyy worse when I saw my derm last month, I had a couple cysts and a bunch of active pimples around my chin and mouth. I can actually feel a cyst coming in on my forehead, so I wish this week would go by quicker arghhh.

I have been on accutane 40mg a day for almost 5 months now. My skin was actually clear when I started(I had cystic acne around my period). Since I have been on accutane I have never had another cyst or even bump of any kind on my face. My skin is completely clear and glowing. I dont even wear foundation(being 40 that is huge) :dance: and get compliments on how pretty my skin is all the time. :dance: The only side effect I have had is dry lips and aquaphor keeps that under control. good luck!!! keep us posted

beth

I also have mild but persistent acne. I am only on day 3 though. So far no side effects (though I wouldn't really expect any this early anyway). I am on 40mg for 2 weeks and then will move to 80mg after 2 weeks. I mainly just have red spots and big pores. I do get pimples typically during my period, but then they clear up. I never leave the house without foundation/cover up though because I have a lot of flat red spots....annoying! I am hoping they will clear up and that someday I will be able to go foundation-free...especially since my wedding will be in Mexico. It wouldn't be pretty to be sweating foundation off!

I started may 19th on 40 mgs/ at 103lbs im now on 50mgs. i had persistant acne for 14 yrs that wouldnt respond to other treatments.

mild / moderate never severe.. i had no ib im 1.5 months in my face is so smooth i have no active acne at all, im just waiting for the redmarks to fade. I get better and better with each pill from day 1. Good Luck im sure you will be fine.

I'm actually starting accutane on July 7th as well, and I too only have mild acne (but extremely oily skin). Ironic.

Anyways, I took accutane in the winter for two weeks but had to stop due to the pretty severe side effects I started getting.... mainly concentration issues and that was a huge problem for me because I need all my concentration for school.

BUT I can say that within a week my oil stopped completely and bam my face was clear. No IB at all, only significant thing I can remember were the beginning of blackheads surfacing.

I decided to try again, after talking to my derm and we decided to go for a lower dose (30 mg) because once again, I'm getting unbelievably irritated with being 24 and still dealing with skin problems. I'm over it.

Are you going to keep a log? It would be nice to have someone to relate to seeing as we have similar issues.

I'm starting today (July 1). Lord help us all! :) Scared and excited at the same time. I too have mild to moderate acne. And of course, I'm starting tomorrow and my skin is almost clear at the moment. But I know there's more zits coming.... I'm blogging it. Check my profile for link. Good luck!!!!

My skin was relatively clear when starting Accutane as well because I had just weaned from Solodyn. My IB was mild - mainly just blackheads and clogged pores. I have had a cyst here or there, but they've been on the backs of my shoulders (much easier to deal with than on the face!). Oh, and one mega, evil zit in the middle of my forehead. :)

I don't think your dose is too high to start off with for your weight. I'm at your dose right now, but I weigh less. I wish you the best. Keep us posted!