Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yankees21

Solodyn - initial breakout?

I just started taking this about a 5 days ago and my face is breaking out a little bit. I am wondering if this is normal to happen and then it goes away? Also, now that I am reading some of the things on Solodyn I am getting nervous. I am 21 and taking Solodyn 90mg once a day, but I am considering calling my dermatologist to tell him I want to stop it. Should I wean off of it or what? Or just continue it for the month he prescribed?

Thanks for the help.

Appreciate the reply. I have already taken so many prescriptions and been on accutane so I dont know what I should do. I am thinking about just stopping it before I get further in the process.

i've been taking 135 MG of Solodyn for almost 2 months now and i didn't really have an initial breakout. it's made a difference, nothing like HUGE though. definitely getting there though.

take it with a bunch of water. (like a whole water bottle). and don't lay down right after you take it because you'll get dizzy.

I'm on solodyn for about two weeks i just stopped today because i can't sleep because of this pill and i'm breaking out like crazy i know thisis the initial breakout but i heard when you stop taking the pill after you cleared up it comes back i don't think antibiotics are a good way to treat acne and before my body becomes immune to these strong drugs i think i want to get off of it because im scared my acne will become super resistant to topicals and simple things because of the potent drugs my body is becoming immune to and in the first place my acne is not that bad

i think the only thing that will permanently rid your acne is accutane and maybe laser treatment

but i'm just going to stick with salicylic face wash , differin, and natural vitamins

Hope this helps