Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coffeejunkie

massive improvement in one week!:)

Hi, I just decided to start this post to prove how milk can affect acne. I gave up milk in February for around four days and already noticed an improvement, however I decided to switch to soy milk as I heard this alternative is better for acne. Bad idea, I broke out terribly around my neck and sides of face..which did not clear for months so went back to the normal cows milk....I never tried almond milk or organic milk but I don't like rice milk too much.

3 weeks ago I decided to give up milk altogether which I found very, very difficult at first considering I depended on it soo much. I don't eat much carbs (just rice) or meat so I really drank a lot of milk. For the first week or so I had NO ENERGY (which I posted a topic on before) I added more veg, nuts, seeds, berries , fruit and fish to my diet with a lot of rice and have since then regained my energy..as I'm eating more and frequent too...

My skin has cleared sooo so so much and I really recommend giving up milk for a period of time as I found it so benificial and my skin is smooth and slmost clear. All my friends commented on it too :)

Just thought I would share my experience.:)

Hi, I just decided to start this post to prove how milk can affect acne. I gave up milk in February for around four days and already noticed an improvement, however I decided to switch to soy milk as I heard this alternative is better for acne. Bad idea, I broke out terribly around my neck and sides of face..which did not clear for months so went back to the normal cows milk....I never tried almond milk or organic milk but I don't like rice milk too much.

3 weeks ago I decided to give up milk altogether which I found very, very difficult at first considering I depended on it soo much. I don't eat much carbs (just rice) or meat so I really drank a lot of milk. For the first week or so I had NO ENERGY (which I posted a topic on before) I added more veg, nuts, seeds, berries , fruit and fish to my diet with a lot of rice and have since then regained my energy..as I'm eating more and frequent too...

My skin has cleared sooo so so much and I really recommend giving up milk for a period of time as I found it so benificial and my skin is smooth and slmost clear. All my friends commented on it too :)

Just thought I would share my experience.:)

it's great that you gave up all milk! Dairy causes all sorts of inflamation which can lead to acne.

You probably had no energy after you gave up milk, because you were going through withdrawls...allergy to milk and dairy does contain sugar.

Sugar also causes inflamation.

Glad its working for you :) I wonder, do probiotic cultures like plain yogurt and plain kefir break you out too? I've been avoiding dairy for a while, but because of a doxycycline-induced esophagus problem I was forced to eat either yogurt, whey protien, or Kefir in large quantities, like 2 pounds a day approx. No break out yet which is great. I'm guessing the bacteria help digest the dairy and break down hormones or something, or maybe dairy was never a problem in the first place! Oh well, I don't really want to drink plain milk and find out, but I've heard probiotic stuff is actually good for acne.