Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes. Dry skin, for me, stretches scars and makes them less elastic. The less elastic your skin is, the less likely it's going to be able to fill in and heal those scars - same for red marks.

I moisturize because otherwise I can't put my makeup on. But I remember when I was using BP my skin always was peeling. I kinda liked it because I had this method of exfoliating my skin with my finger tips. I would make my face wet,or just wash it and then with my fingers I would gently press on my skin and kinda exoliate it ..and I could feel skin coming off. After I would dry it and moisturize..I did it every morning and evening..and I had less red marks. Now my skin is never dry since I barely use BP. So..I would say depends how u work it. :rolleyes:

I have mostly dry skin and it doesnt make my redmarks appear worse. Just moisturize

I have combination skin. I actually blame using products for having combination skin, as my skin was never dry or oily before using products(like BP and GA), it was always balanced.

But yeah, the dry parts are more prone to redness in my experience. Sometimes I'll think I have red marks in dry areas but then when they un-dry or I moisturize them my skin evens out and the redness goes away. So don't be fooled by dry patches that look red, they most likely aren't the same red marks as the left over marks from old pimples and they will go away once that area is not dry anymore.

I have combination skin. I actually blame using products for having combination skin, as my skin was never dry or oily before using products(like BP and GA), it was always balanced.

But yeah, the dry parts are more prone to redness in my experience. Sometimes I'll think I have red marks in dry areas but then when they un-dry or I moisturize them my skin evens out and the redness goes away. So don't be fooled by dry patches that look red, they most likely aren't the same red marks as the left over marks from old pimples and they will go away once that area is not dry anymore.

my redmarks show up darker after i moisturize also.

my skin looks best after i wash all the oil off, and is slightly dry

Dry skin isn't good. I'd rather have oily skin than dry skin. Yes, it's important to moisturise after you wash your face, to prevent tightness/dryness/redmarks.

Thanks for the advise. I just don't image my self having at least 95% clear face (cheeks) with this red marks had them for ages like I had breakout 8 9 month's ago and they still there! Some days they cool down and some days they light up agen is so weird I don't even have active acne anymore! Plus I'm on tane ? :(

Personally, I found thick, heavy "night" creams to be rather pore-clogging. I would recommend a light moisturiser with SPF.

DEFINITELY. I never moisturized and now I have red marks that are almost 1 year old. And I honestly didn't have bad acne.

Dey never going away :(

DEFINITELY. I never moisturized and now I have red marks that are almost 1 year old. And I honestly didn't have bad acne.

Dey never going away :(

I know this is not very nice thing to say but having this red marks makes me feel like Im cursed or something! Is the same everyday I wake up, like you said I didnt even have a bad acne just a single break out one day! :S Brings my confidence down so much! I had enough been scared to look at mirrors at home shop centers etc! (sounds sad doesn't it) and I get even more upset because I don't think people understand the effect on me, I know it will get better but when?? 3 years?? :(