Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The directions for applying Dan's AHA are incredibly brief: apply very gently until absorbed.

What's the deal here? Right now I'm using Aqua Glycolic's AHA cleanser (which also contains 10% glycolic acid) and the directions tell users to apply a moderate amount to dry skin, massage; add water, massage skin again and rinse. I was under the impression that most AHA cleansers worked this same way -- after all, many contain the same active ingredients. I think I could massage all day and it wouldn't absorb anyway.

So how much is recommended if I'm using AHA both as a treatment for acne and as a moisturizer? Do I just leave it on my skin without rinsing?

Thanks!

well dans is a mositurise not a cleanser, though some people to like to use something called short contact therapy where you would wash the aha off a few minutes after applying. im pretty sure that only necessary if you're very sensitive to it though.

dans aha is supposed to be a moisturiser substitute, ie you do your wash, bp, wait ten mins then apply a small amount all over your face just like you would with a moisturiser. no need to rinse. its hard to say how much to use exactly but im sure once people are using it we'll have a better idea, probably just similar to how much moisturiser you would use, something like a pump

well dans is a mositurise not a cleanser, though some people to like to use something called short contact therapy where you would wash the aha off a few minutes after applying. im pretty sure that only necessary if you're very sensitive to it though.

dans aha is supposed to be a moisturiser substitute, ie you do your wash, bp, wait ten mins then apply a small amount all over your face just like you would with a moisturiser. no need to rinse. its hard to say how much to use exactly but im sure once people are using it we'll have a better idea, probably just similar to how much moisturiser you would use, something like a pump

Yeah, Dan's AHA is not a cleanser. It's a leave-on-your-skin product.

Thank you for the replies, but a moisturizer? I was under the impression that Dan's AHA doubled as an acne treatment. That's why I placed an order for it -- previously I had been using Aqua Glycolic's facial cleanser as a treatment.

Thank you for the replies, but a moisturizer? I was under the impression that Dan's AHA doubled as an acne treatment. That's why I placed an order for it -- previously I had been using Aqua Glycolic's facial cleanser as a treatment.

You can think of it as a moisturizing acne treatment :) You apply it like you would a moisturizer and it will hydrate your skin, but it can also help with acne because of the alpha hydroxy acid and lichochalcone.

you can use it as a spot treatment or mousturizer! for a spot treatment u apply a very little dot to the zit. and for mousturizer u use it at night so u dont get burned during the day

To be classified as a treatment, a product doesn't necessarily have to be a cleanser. A moisturizer can be a treatment, as well.

I just received my AHA and can't wait to see the results! I only used it once so far.

It's hard to say exactly how to use the AHA because it's pretty versatile. I use it personally as a spot treatment when needed, but also as a moisturizer (stand alone) at night. I've used

AHA in the past for body acne as well and it's brilliant.

As far as how much to use, that's such a good question that I took pictures and posted them on http://www.acne.org/aha.html

Oh, and seriously you guys, use an spf while using AHA. It makes you more sensitive to the sun. No joke. The absolute best combo I've found for spf so far is Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin + a few drops of jojoba.

I just got mine and today is day 3 using it only at night as my moisturizer.

It is very moisturizing.

So far so good, but it is pretty hot and sunny right now so I have been wearing a hat along with sunscreen and makeup with SPF.

I will post on my results with it after I have used it a while.

It's hard to say exactly how to use the AHA because it's pretty versatile. I use it personally as a spot treatment when needed, but also as a moisturizer (stand alone) at night. I've used

AHA in the past for body acne as well and it's brilliant.

As far as how much to use, that's such a good question that I took pictures and posted them on http://www.acne.org/aha.html

Oh, and seriously you guys, use an spf while using AHA. It makes you more sensitive to the sun. No joke. The absolute best combo I've found for spf so far is Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin + a few drops of jojoba.

I did see the AHA FAQ; I have neither body acne nor flakiness but I was anticipating the gel's use to both treat and prevent acne -- just as I had previously used BP over my entire face rather than as a spot treatment.

Thank you for the product though, Dan. I hope it works well!

This is a completely unrelated question, but it is in regards to the Olay SPF that Dan uses. A few years ago I used these Olay foaming cleansing pad things, and I ended up being allergic to them and my face got all bumpy, but that went away after I stopped usage. I haven't touched an Olay product since because I'm scared, what are the chances I'd be allergic to the Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin?

By the way, I've never had an allergic reaction to ANYTHING except for those pads.

Its similar to Lac-Hydrin 5 in the fact that it also contains an AHA to help exfoliate your skin while you leave it on.

I have a question though: when you use the AHA cream during the day, you have to use a sunscreen, but could you get away with using a combination moisturizer/sunscreen on top of the AHA or would that leave your skin.... over moisturized? Maybe even oily? Is that a thing to worry about or is more moisturizer better?

This is a completely unrelated question, but it is in regards to the Olay SPF that Dan uses. A few years ago I used these Olay foaming cleansing pad things, and I ended up being allergic to them and my face got all bumpy, but that went away after I stopped usage. I haven't touched an Olay product since because I'm scared, what are the chances I'd be allergic to the Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin?

By the way, I've never had an allergic reaction to ANYTHING except for those pads.

For the most part, cleansers and moisturizers are going to have much different ingredients. I doubt you'd react the same, but you might want to compare the ingredient lists for both products and see if there are any similarities. You can view their ingredients on drugstore.com

Its similar to Lac-Hydrin 5 in the fact that it also contains an AHA to help exfoliate your skin while you leave it on.

I have a question though: when you use the AHA cream during the day, you have to use a sunscreen, but could you get away with using a combination moisturizer/sunscreen on top of the AHA or would that leave your skin.... over moisturized? Maybe even oily? Is that a thing to worry about or is more moisturizer better?

You can either use an spf moisturizer, or an spf lotion. Whichever you prefer. I don't think it would matter except for the fact that most spf moisturizers are only spf 15, and if you are to spend a lot of time out in the sun you would probably want something stronger.

When i apply the AHA over the BP it makes my face very shiny and sticky, i waited like an hour and it stayed like that. So today i put the AHA on first then the BP and its great now =P. Hope it works. BTW it did moisturize really great.

When i apply the AHA over the BP it makes my face very shiny and sticky, i waited like an hour and it stayed like that. So today i put the AHA on first then the BP and its great now =P. Hope it works. BTW it did moisturize really great.

Hm strange

I usually follow the rule that whatever is thinner goes on first which in my case (i think) is the BP. I don't use Dan's AHA specifically but a different brand.

Of course I only use it at night (for now) so if it did make my skin shiny i wouldnt notice :\

I stay very far away from any sort of "pad" thing because most of the time it contains 2% salicylic acid. SA is good for some people dealing with noninflamed acne but Ive always broke out really badly and had my face turn red from using them. And the idea of using some pad to spread it on your face just doesnt seem right to me.

don't know if the Olay has SA in it though

Definitely try it someplace other than your face first! Like the inside of your forearm. Wait 24 hours to see if you have a reaction.