Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heartbeats

Europeans have clearer skin?

Than say, Americans?

True, false?

From what I've seen from photos, I've convinced myself they do.

Or do Europeans just have really kick butt make up?

I don't mean to generalize, I'm just amazed by the countless photos I've seen of Europeans with seemingly perfect skin.

Than say, Americans?

True, false?

I don't mean to generalize, I'm just amazed by the countless photos I've seen of Europeans with seemingly perfect skin.

I just spent almost a month all over Europe and I'd have to definitely agree with you. I think it has something to do with their being pure bread so to speak. LOL

Whatevs, I prefer muts anyway.

I think it has something to do with their being pure bread so to speak. LOL

lmao, we're what?! umm i dunno about the rest of europe but i'd say britain has quite a bit of acne too. maybe its the mediterranean diet for those italians and spaniards with lots of olive oil and fresh food etc? and they get very hot summers and spend most of them outside so maybe its the sunshine, though you'd think that'd apply in america too. then again maybe you guys stay inside more? lol its impossible to generalise, alls i know is no amount of pure breading is helping me

Than say, Americans?

True, false?

I would think that they did, but the American habits seem to be creeping around the world. Because fast food is "convenient"

I'm trying to stop junk food, but I like the McDonalds french fries...

Europeans care more about there appearance. It's not rare to find a European man who wears makeup regularly.

It's true. I go to europe for 2 months every summer, particularly the mediterranean to visit family and everyones skin is SO clear, it's rare to find anyone with acne..actually as I think about it now I've never seen anyone with full blown acne, maybe a pimple or two at most, also everyone over there is so fit because no one sits home all day watching t.v., on the computer etc. and it could be due to the fact that they don't eat fast food nearly as much as us. Where my family lives the nearest mcdonalds and probably one of like 2 to 3 in the whole country is about an hour and a half away. Also could be that there beef isn't injected with hormones and all the crap that americans do to it-I had mcdonalds in few countrys in europe and the taste is very different, not in a bad way though. I actually got asked once while I was over there if I eat fast food when I'm back in america and i said yes I do, alot too and the person said I was the skinniest american they ever saw LOL.

Well, I am "pure bread" European and my acne exploded when I came to the States. Now, it could of been the lifestyle, the food, or just my age at that time. Who knows?

Yes, most have better lifestyles--diet, exercise, stress and sleep-wise--than Americans. Especially in the teen years. And the adults. Those in their early twenties might be another story. I've known a few.

60 minutes ran a piece about how the Danes rank as the happiest people and the Danes interviewed in it were just gorgeous. Especially the guys, but they all had great skin.

lol this is so ridiculous! there are sooo many other countries other then north america that have acne!! i will list what i have seen in other countires...ukraine...definately...mexico...there was ALOT...jamaica..a TON...france...not as much..china..YES!!

60 minutes ran a piece about how the Danes rank as the happiest people and the Danes interviewed in it were just gorgeous. Especially the guys, but they all had great skin.

Lol, cool! Though, obviously I wasn't in that interview- I'm not very good looking, and I have acne, sooo...

But still, cool... Glad to know the rest of my country feels good xD

lifestyle. here everything is loaded with sugar(even a freaken bread) and oil. In Europe it's not that bad.

I simply don't think this is true. People love to think there is some Shangri-la outside of America that encompasses all the virtues that our nation has lost~~~~~

But it's pretty much all generalization, I think. Go to Japan or China or Europe (been to all three), and with my acne-detective glasses on, I see many people with horrible skin, comedones, cysts...

These generalizations just don't cut it. :whistle:

^ Well people are just speaking from personal experience or opinion, like I stated I've been to europe plenty of times and never have I seen a person with ACNE..i mean the whole 9 yards. A pimple here and there, sure but nothing extreme.

I think it is true - I'm from the UK and it is very rare that you see anyone here with full blown acne. However, that does make it doubly hard for those of us who do suffer from it because we're the odd ones out. Personally, I don't know anyone (or have even met anyone) with proper acne apart from myself. When I have severe acne, that makes me feel pretty bad about myself.

Yes, most have better lifestyles, diet, exercise, stress and sleep-wise than Americans. Especially in the teen years.

haha I saw that on tv too!!

I dont know, Id have to say that everytime I go to Europe, everyone has pretty clear skin..

Lol, cool! Though, obviously I wasn't in that interview- I'm not very good looking, and I have acne, sooo...

But still, cool... Glad to know the rest of my country feels good xD

Someone does an annual study ranking countries or ethnicities. And I think the Danes interviewed felt it must be more that they were content rather than happy.

I think it is true - I'm from the UK and it is very rare that you see anyone here with full blown acne. However, that does make it doubly hard for those of us who do suffer from it because we're the odd ones out. Personally, I don't know anyone (or have even met anyone) with proper acne apart from myself. When I have severe acne, that makes me feel pretty bad about myself.

Yeah, back in the 80s, I spent the summer there and associated with many people varying in age from early teen to early twenties. And adults too. And only one guy had acne. And me, of course.

It's a hard place to live when you have oily skin and hair. I stayed with different families and many didn't have showers, just baths. And I had long, easily tangled hair, so washing it in the sink was a problem too, although that must be what I did most of the time. And it's humid which aggravates oily skin, but rarely hot, so people don't or didn't usually bathe their whole bodies daily. They are so conservative with water and electricity, while Americans are sooo incredibly wasteful. I approve of that, but when you have grotesquely oily hair and skin...

People in Europe probably also eat fresher food, and not as much of it, and not as often.

If the French truly eat less often than us, then why are there SO MANY cafes? Food is extremely important to the French. They also eat some things they shouldn't. The kicker though is that they either ride a bike or walk where they need to go, partly because of the outrageous fuel costs.

But no, the French do not eat less. Maybe other Euro countries, but not France.

^ Agreed, If anything meals are extremely important to them, when I visit my family in europe lunch is usually at around 1p.m. and after that EVERYONE takes about an hour nap to refresh themselves and carry on with there day. They take there time when they eat and actually sit down and enjoy meals unlike us - my lunch is normally no longer then 15 minutes I eat and go without really sitting down and enjoying my meal. I think the key is that there food is way fresher than ours and also there very active, not just french but IMO all europeans, it's rare that there ever sitting home just lounging.

Guest kiwikali

the women in france are flawless

no joke

my cousins who live in paris wake up brush their hair put on some clothes and they look like fucking supermodels. im talking better then gisele here. it makes me so jealous...

europeans eat in smaller portions

they don't eat junkfood

and well... they're european

sophisticated!

haha, the discourse of this thread makes it feel like Europeans are another species. Perhaps they are... :think:

Could be, even though most of the Americans I've seen had make up or took the photos so that the viewer cannot see their imperfections.

I live in Croatia, and most of my male friends have mild acne, which is not the case for females. I've seen only three persons with severe acne in my life.

It's kinda strange that most of the girls here have perfectly clear skin, with an occasional teenage pimple from time to time.

I think it's Europe not Europeans and even that is generalizing. A lot of people on the .org are from Europe afterall aren't they? Also, I pretty much am European, I am the first generation born here on my dads side and second on my moms so yeah...I think it's just something about Europe not so much the overall genetics of Europeans or w/e

I think it's just something about Europe not so much the overall genetics of Europeans or w/e

Well, of course. Most of us here are of European descent, after all.

And it's not just Europe. It more like anywhere but here.