Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't have very much hair on my face, but it can still be annoying. The hair is mainly located on my chin and neck, but I'm not exactly sure how to shave properly. I just recently bought a pack of disposable, single blade razors, but I haven't tried them out yet. Is it a good idea to shave without any shaving cream and just use water? Another question - I only use Neutrogena acne-prone soap in the morning to wash my face. If I shave in the morning should I put something on my face in case shaving introduces bacteria to my skin? I really don't know if what I'm talking about is based on facts or whether or not I'm making this up. Thanks for any help.

the single-bladed razors you bought should work great, because the lower number or blades, the less irritation. if you want to shave in the morning, i think you should shave right away, and then use your acne-prone soap in the shower afterwords. This will help to clear away all of the bad stuff from your skin after your shave, leaving it clean. Try not to introduce any more products on your skin than you really have to. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. Yeah, I use Tazorac at night before I go to bed, so I don't like to use any other products. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

i've been told tons of times never to shave then wash because that's super irritating.

every single guy on here says to shower first because it also softens the hair first, which means less irritation.

irritation=breakouts