Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was on accutane when I was 16 and it cleared me up perfectly for a few years. When I was 22 I started breaking out again and I got accutane once again. Im 24 now and I am starting to break out yet again. This time I got retin-A. I'm trying this because you can continue to use it as long as you want and if it works I just want to keep on using it. Accutane can only be used for 6 months and for me, the effects seem to wear off after awhile. I want a permanent solution. So anyway, my acne goes up and down, when I got my retin-a I had 2 big active spots and about 4 that were "dying" on my face. That was wednesday. Today is Friday and now I'm breaking out pretty bad. I will keep a weekly update on here to keep a log for myself, and to give others an idea of how well retin-a works.

Day 1: 2 big active spots on my forehead. 4 "dying" spots on my cheeks

Day 3: 5 New spots on my cheeks, and 2 new on my forehead. This is unusual for me it defenitly appears that the retin-a is breaking me out. It is also making my skin incredibly dry.

I would go by week, and suggest not trying to log meticulously, at least not this early on RetinA. You'll find that it will make you break out pretty badly for the first couple of months at least, and it may just be more aggravating.

Hey, I started Retin-A on the exact same day as you...started Wednesday and already I'm breaking out really bad! I have 4 or 5 new pimples and the ones I had lingering are looking worse. I hope this means the initial breakout period will go by fast?? Good luck to you!

I would go by week, and suggest not trying to log meticulously, at least not this early on RetinA. You'll find that it will make you break out pretty badly for the first couple of months at least, and it may just be more aggravating.

Well my thinking is that if I dont do a log until I'm clear anyway, than what is the point? I made a log when I was on accutane last time and I know it helped some people considering using it, thats why I did it. People want to see what its like to take retin-a, so they'll be able to look at my log and see the ups and downs and if it works or not. Also, I do it for myself.

This is my second time on retin A (micro). I was on retin a micro two years ago and just started (june 30) and i'm really hoping that it will clear my red marks mainly. I don't have that bad of acne but the red marks make it appear as if i do. right now i'm using minocycline 100 mg once a day, benzaclin in the morning and retin a micro .04% at night. But whatmy doctor told me to do differently was to put it on at night for 30 minutes then wash it off gently to help reduce the peeling and irritation. I remember from two years ago how stingy my face felt and how red it was, i couldn't smile without it stinging me, and my face was really dry (back then i hadn't discovered acne.org or moisturizing) this time im gonna do something different and that is moisturizing. Basically if it gets really irritating to you, then try using retin a every other day, or do what i'm doing and wash it off after 30 minutes. Try it, it may help when it gets rough.

But i am just curious if retin a micro will actually help fade my red marks. My red marks seem to be ones caused by blood circulation close to the surface of my skin and aren't brown marks. I've read many places where people thought it was actually making it worse. Have you read anything that said it really truly does help fade red marks and doesn't cause them? because if it does cause them, i'm probably gonna quit retin a because of the dreaded initial breakout. Good luck.