Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nickoftime93

sick of chemicals, help me simplify!

just to say it in the beginning... i am a completely stereotypical teenager... a little less than a year ago i had a very small bit of acne(to this point i never even washed my face really) and i decided that buying "oxy pads" was a smart idea... yeah... it basically gave me exema(sp?). so after that i went to a cetaphil and bp combo... this was ok... but then i switched to a nutrogena salic scrub, then quickly after it made my face worse, to a oxy cleanser with bp in it... the bp is working for sure... BUT i cant get it out of my head that bp prematurely ages your skin... and you become dependent on it. i dont wanna worry about going on vacation or running out of my medication. soo... i really want to go simple no harsh chemicals. is this smart, or will i just make things worse? i really dont have amazingly bad acne... its really just two spots on both of my cheeks that really arnt bumpy, but occasionally get small pimples, and about my lip(probably due to new electric shaver), and nose and forehead...(long hair) nothing really is bad, im certainly not identified by my acne.... it just bothers me. i really think about it too much and it is annoying as heck. what can you recommend to me?

clearasil skin perfecting cleanser looks tempting(not to strong) but it still has chemicals in it and i cant find reviews on it... grandpas thorax soap looks extremely tempting, but from what i can tell sulfur is only for adult acne... and im 14 almost 15(aka annoying teenager years) thanks for any help you can give.

Dab some tree tea oil on it.

It's natural, not a chemical.

As opposed to everything else? use it as a cleanser, or just like a spot treatment?

It's a spot treater. Use something else like water for cleansing, or what you wish. I use Cerave cleanser

Dab some tree tea oil on it.

It's natural, not a chemical.

As opposed to everything else? use it as a cleanser, or just like a spot treatment?

It's a spot treater. Use something else like water for cleansing, or what you wish. I use Cerave cleanser

ok so i found a soap with teatree oil, And jojaba oil in it, so after reading your response i immediately picked it up. my face feels smooth and natural, thanks for the help.