Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baby pink

frustrated with my body right now

So I go to the gym most every morning and workout for 40 mins-hour and it feels good, I eat pretty healthy and stuff, and I've lost weight and stuff but I have a weird body shape. I barely fill out a AA bra and I can now fit nicely into size 1 or size 24 jeans but I have a terribly fat bloated looking tummy. it's terrible. I think the 30-40 minutes of cardio a day is good for me and I'll continue to go every morning, but I want a solid good ab workout that I can do every night now too.. there's only one ab machine at my gym and it's not very effective in my opinion. any recommendations will help.. I know my acne will take a long time to clear up but if I can spend the next two months working out a lot and look great by the time I go back to school, I'd be so much less depressed about myself.

The simplest solution is usually the most effective.

Sit ups. Do them.

Anyone who BAWWWS about sit ups not working for them, do more. I have an 8 pack almost achieved, the first 6 are fully defined and the last two are half there, once you start working on an 8 pack you need more than sit ups. But I doubt you even want a 6 pack seeing as you're female.

Just do sit ups a lot, more effective than you think.

Try pilates- it will give you leaner, longer muscles than traditional situps. I imagine that situps will worsen your problems since it will just build one area of muscles and make your stomach bulge out even more if you still carry your weight there. Pilates works all your core muscles and is very effective.

Bellyfat is not isolated from any other bodyfat. Doing situps may build core strength but is ineffective at reducing overall bodyfat (burn few calories).

To lose bodyfat and thus bellyfat, exercise around 60% of Vo2 max (max aerobic threshold). These are activities such as jogging, playing basketball ect. Where you are moving at good pace, but can continue for long period..around 1 hr (burning alot of total calories).

To gain ab muscle, work the abs like any other bodypart. For hypertrophy, 4 sets of 10 reps of standing pull downs works great.

High volume of ab work will actually make you wider

Abs are a result of low body fat

Everyone has them, its just a matter of leanness to get them to show

cut out the fat... after u ve achied that the ab workouts will really show significant improvements!! i ve got 4 already and m goin for my 6 pack

If you want to a flat stomach/visible abs, you need to lose more fat. It's simple, really. I suggest you continue what you're doing, if you're positive that it's given you results. Add ab-work to your routine, but don't expect it to make you look "thinner", because it won't.

Strenghtening the abs will make them look better when you actually have low enough bodyfat to make them visible, but the abs are a small muscle group and won't be more visible because of more size. It's just a newbie's myth that you can isolate a part of your body to lower the bodyfat in that area.

All of you who keep saying 'situps everyday' or '1000s of situps', I'd like to see a picture of your abs. Seriously.

I could do situps all day. I could do decline crunches. I can do both weighted. I can max out the HammerStrength Ab Crunch (full stack + 5 = 155lbs) for 15 reps easily. But I am around 12% body fat, so you can only see an outline of abs, not a full 6 pack. This doesn't concern me, I'm 'bulking' =]

But, like I said before, and others have agreed, its a matter of having ENOUGH lean body mass (aka muscle) with a low amount of fat. Once you have your diet nailed to a T, you'll be in good shape.

Google G-Flux living by Dr. John Berardi

So I go to the gym most every morning and workout for 40 mins-hour and it feels good, I eat pretty healthy and stuff, and I've lost weight and stuff but I have a weird body shape. I barely fill out a AA bra and I can now fit nicely into size 1 or size 24 jeans but I have a terribly fat bloated looking tummy. it's terrible. I think the 30-40 minutes of cardio a day is good for me and I'll continue to go every morning, but I want a solid good ab workout that I can do every night now too.. there's only one ab machine at my gym and it's not very effective in my opinion. any recommendations will help.. I know my acne will take a long time to clear up but if I can spend the next two months working out a lot and look great by the time I go back to school, I'd be so much less depressed about myself.

Follow my routine for losing weight. I am on a cut right now and have lost 8lbs in less than 2 weeks. :)

Follow my routine for losing weight. I am on a cut right now and have lost 8lbs in less than 2 weeks. :)

i would take his advice he does have the pictures to prove it

i would also recommend

leg raises

v shapes http://youtube.com/watch?v=S1Zcu5rN7hM

frog kicks

do them sloowwwwww good luck

i've never had a tummy before but these exercises plus many hours of rollerblading keep my stomach good