Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am using Tetracycline, two 250 pills. My derm also gave me Vitamin A Acid cream 0.025%, with it to go along to apply at bedtime. I have been using it for about a week and a half. I am not really seeing any results, except that I had some breakouts and after the next day it kind of cleared up. But sometimes, my skin appears to be in that way, even if i am not using any sort of medication. I also had a cysts that got smaller, and disappeared, but came back in the same spot, even bigger!. How well does this combintation work, and does Tetracycline provide good results?

You should notice your face getting better 2-3 months into use of tetra.

I was on it for 3 months, it made my face 98 percent clear.

Take it ONLY with water. And make sure you take it on a complete empty stomach.

Take it 1-2 hours after meal, or a half hour-1 hour before a meal.

And avoid dairy products 2 hours before taking it and 3 hours after.

I've been on it for 2 weeks. No real results. I've also been doing the regimen for 2 weeks, so it should start working soon. But yeah, the tetracycline will probably take more weeks/months to work :/

I have been on tetracycline for about a month, plus topical clindamycin. I havent had a new pimple in about two weeks. I do have a lot of whiteheads, the little ones you cant really see. Will these go away with the tetracycline?

Tetra works. I was on it for 3 days until I forgot to bring the medicine home with me (have to get it tomorrow) and my face is a lot smoother now. I was off it for 1 day and I broke out with 3 white pimples. Anyways.

IT works. The doctor says this is introductory for 1 more week then I go to accutane.

do you get an initial breakout with tetracycline. also can you use sunscreen when you go out in the sun, so the medicine doens't effect your skin?

do you get an initial breakout with tetracycline. also can you use sunscreen when you go out in the sun, so the medicine doens't effect your skin?

Im affraid that after my course of tetra is complete.. once I get off.. I will breakout again badly.. (and my acne is very mild right now). I just cant seem to kill these little comedones popping up around my mouth area.. they get enflamed into tiny whiteheads..

Are they the type that if you have them in your hand when there sweaty the colour comes off in your hand! Im asking because i got some tablets off a mate a while back which cleared me!

Im affraid that after my course of tetra is complete.. once I get off.. I will breakout again badly.. (and my acne is very mild right now). I just cant seem to kill these little comedones popping up around my mouth area.. they get enflamed into tiny whiteheads..

and thats another problem...what are you going to do? take them forever? because when you stop THE ACNE WILL COME BACK FULL ON