Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damo

The Regimen Products All Come in the Same Sized Bottles?

Does this mean that they all get used at the same rate; i.e. does Dan recommend 2 pumps of cleanser then 2 pumps of BP then 2 pumps of moisturizer?

I'm considering ordering them from Australia and I suppose it would be annoying if they ran dry at different rates.

Speaking of which; are there any known issues with import fees on these products coming in to Oz?

Thanks for any help.

For the most part, yes. The cleanser and bp should go about the same rate if you use the suggested two pumps. However the moisturizer will vary since not everyone will need the same amount of it. And if you are going to use a separate spf moisturizer for daytime use then of course the Acne.org moisturizer will last you much longer since you aren't using it twice daily.

I don't know details about the import fees to your area. Send an email to [email protected] and Kory should be able to let you know more specifically about that.

The bottles are available in the same sizes, but it isn't intended that you go through them at the exact same rate.

1 pump of cleanser (or even half a pump) should be enough if you aren't shaving with it. If you are, you'll want to use more to make a rich lather.

For BP, I think 2 pumps is way too much, and this is coming from someone who has been using Dan's regimen for over 2.5 years. I think 1 or 1 1/2 pumps is a more appropriate full amount to build up to, depending on how persistent your acne is. Of course, when you start out, you don't want to use that to start, and will only be using maybe 1/3 or 1/2 a pump to begin with for a few weeks and gradually increasing that.

As for moisturizer, it depends how dry your skin is. I don't use a full pump, but someone with lots of flaking problems might want to use even 1-2 pumps.

So basically it all depends :P If you do end up in a routine where you use 1 pump of each twice a day, which is pretty reasonable for most regimen users I think after they've adjusted to BP, then you will go through them at the same rate. If that's not how your skin likes it, though, then unfortunately you might need to reorder the products at different times. I try to reorder mine all at once, but since I go through BP more quickly than the moisturizer and the moisturizer more quickly than the cleanser, I'll reorder a couple weeks before the BP runs out, and I'll order more of the BP than the other things.

Thanks very much for the helpful replies.

Good to hear from folks who have been using the stuff for a bit of wisdom. :)

Cheers

this is a good question that depends on who you are. i am well into the regime so i use 2 full pumps of BP and i shave once a day with cleanser (3 pumps), and i use half a pump of moisturizer. i believe the best thing to do is just keep ordering all three every time.