Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wantingskinfreedom

Another iPledge question.

I just WANT my prescription.

I got approved to get my prescription written yesterday, and my doctor told me it would be called in at the end of the day yesterday and that I'd need to do the online questions before I could go pick it up. Well, I log into iPledge and it says that I need to wait for my doctor to confirm my monthly visit yada yada. I check all night, and it still says the same thing. I call my pharmacy this morning to see if they called it in late, and it's still not there.

BUT, iPledge also says on that little calendar thing that the day I can have my next pregnancy test is July 6th, even though I've already done my month long wait and had 2 negative pregnancy tests. Is it going to be MY fault that my doctor entered me into the computer so late and I'm going to have to wait 2 more weeks to start taking Accutane? Or will this be able to be overriden, and I can get my prescription now?

This system really is ridiculous, I'm about ready to call it quits.

don't let ipledge bullshit get you down. nearly everyone, myself included, had hassles with ipledge in the first months. it takes a while to learn how to work the system so to speak.

just wait another 2 weeks, the results are almost always worth it.

Wow, this sucks so much for you. Knowing that you could have been seeing results 2 weeks ago when you got your Accutane. Thats how I felt when my doctor couldn't prescribe Accutane and I had to go to the derm to see if it would be alright and I had to wait 2 weeks or more to see her.

ipledge exists for a reason though. of course it is annoying though. if your doctor is this unorganised, could you switch to a new one but keep your ipledge number so that you still get to start in 2 weeks?

Yeah I might switch my doctor to the one who saw me during my last visit when my original doctor couldn't, and she's been taking all my personal phone calls when I have these questions and stuff. She felt really bad when she found out that my original doctor had waited so long to enter me into the system, 'cause she was all ready to call in my prescription 'til she saw that it couldn't be done 'til July 6th

I understand the thought behind iPledge, but at the same time, I think they take it over the top a bit.....it is really annoying

Interestingly enough, I've read the studies on the effectiveness of the ipledge and it has been found and proven to have no effect on overall pregnancy rates during Accutane courses. It may and probably has indeed decreased the overall prescriptions handed out as many doctors don't want the added hassle or obligation to support this system, in which case I can certainly see it helpful to some degree. I also really solute the tight monitoring of liver enzymes... this should certainly be mandatory.

BUT COME ON!

It is a nightmare. Honestly, taking millions of pregnancy tests is not going to change the fact that someone will get/has gotten pregnant. Positive is positive and at that point there is very little that can be done except to discontinue taking the drug.

I'm sorry about the rant, it's just I totally feel for the original poster. Not only is it going to suck to have to wait 2 more weeks, but having to go back to get the tests done, the internet questions the pharmacy, ect. ect ect takes up enough time already to have to do it all again due to somebody else's error. They certainly don't do this for a lot of other prescription drugs out there that are known to be even worse tetragens. It really sucks for me as I have my derm in one city and my labs done in another... both I have to take time off from school for and both suck up gas money. Yes. It sucks. Hands down.

Interestingly enough, I've read the studies on the effectiveness of the ipledge and it has been found and proven to have no effect on overall pregnancy rates during Accutane courses. It may and probably has indeed decreased the overall prescriptions handed out as many doctors don't want the added hassle or obligation to support this system, in which case I can certainly see it helpful to some degree. I also really solute the tight monitoring of liver enzymes... this should certainly be mandatory.

BUT COME ON!

It is a nightmare. Honestly, taking millions of pregnancy tests is not going to change the fact that someone will get/has gotten pregnant. Positive is positive and at that point there is very little that can be done except to discontinue taking the drug.

I'm sorry about the rant, it's just I totally feel for the original poster. Not only is it going to suck to have to wait 2 more weeks, but having to go back to get the tests done, the internet questions the pharmacy, ect. ect ect takes up enough time already to have to do it all again due to somebody else's error. They certainly don't do this for a lot of other prescription drugs out there that are known to be even worse tetragens. It really sucks for me as I have my derm in one city and my labs done in another... both I have to take time off from school for and both suck up gas money. Yes. It sucks. Hands down.

I totally know how you feel. It feels so ridiculous for me personally because there's no way for me to get pregnant, I'm a virgin and I don't really have that sexual interest in men..but I'd never tell that to my doctor.

And having to have monthly checkups is hard on me too because I'm away at school, and it sounds like you are too? I have to come home every month until december now, and the last one would have been in november just for thanksgiving break and that would have been so convenient.

Luckily I don't have to have another blood test done before I get my prescription. But having to have it done twice in one week did suck. But I know they're just trying to be safe, and I don't want to lose my liver.

iPledge fucking sucks, though..and that's the bottom line. My doctor should have entered me into the system the same day I went in and asked for Accutane like he said he would, and he did it two weeks later. I'm changing my primary person on that, because this woman actually stayed late on a thursday night to call in my prescription and do the iPledge stuff for me, even though she couldn't.