Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikito

HELP! FAINTED WITH SPIRO

I started to take spiro 100 mg two weeks before, but I couldn't continue with it, because I fainted because of the low pressure, and the ambulance took me to the hospital.

Has anyone happened that to you? Can I take something to control the low pressure? Does anyone get prescribed another drug to compensate low pressure?

I started to take spiro 100 mg two weeks before, but I couldn't continue with it, because I fainted because of the low pressure, and the ambulance took me to the hospital.

Has anyone happened that to you? Can I take something to control the low pressure? Does anyone get prescribed another drug to compensate low pressure?

Take Spiro with a full meal. Drink LOTS of water. This will help increase your BP. Also, when going from laying to sitting to standing, do it VERY slowly. I would invest in a home BP Cuff so that you can monitor your blood pressure at home. Good luck!

Thank you so much peachy for your advise, I¨m 39 years, and I have tried everything (including Accutane), and Spironolactone is my last hope, but I couldn' continue with the treatment because I fainted.

That's a pretty high dose to start out with. Ask your derm about a lower dose that can be gradually increased.

Spironolactone is a blood pressure medication; it is a diuretic. If you do not drink enough fluids (including water!), you WILL faint. Limit your consumption of high potassium foods (this includes sodas, both diet and regular), bananas, and you can get a further list at your doctor's office or simply search the web. You MUST drink extra water or you will get a blood pressure drop or at the very least, orthostatic hypotension (dropped blood pressure on position change such as sitting up or standing up).

I have extremely low blood pressure and have worried about fainting at work. I take 125 mg of Spiro a day, but I take 2-25mg pills in the morning and 3 at night. I had my Dr. prescribe the 25mg pills so I could still take the full amount and just spread them out. I don't know if it works as well, but it's at least worth a try. Good Luck!