Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
persephone

Roaccutane and scars

Has anyone noticed that while on Roaccutane old scars seem to reappear and new scars are constantly changing?

I'm on my third course of Roaccutane (in the last 15 years, I'm in my late twenties now)...my spots have cleared up but strangely enough old scars from 10 years ago seem to be more apparent! And new scars keep remodelling.

I have an indentation scar on my cheek that developed while on Roaccutane from a spot I stupidly picked and the strange thing is that some days it appears smaller and some days it's wider. I don't know whether this has something to do with the fact that Roaccutane remodels the skin and probably dries up collagen supplies so scars seem more noticeable.

I just hope that when I finish this course the skin will settle and hopefully these scars will also lessen in time.

I've also heard that it can take up to a year or more for a scar to fully heal or settle completely. Is this true? And is it easier to treat a scar that is relatively new?

Sorry just a few thoughts I wanted to share biggrin.gif

Thanks Maya...That is a very interesting link to Roaccutane and liver damage. I definitely want to try a liver cleanse soon!

ManicDepression- My scars do look slightly different at the same time of the day. Maybe it has something to do with the delayed healing on Roaccutane. I can't wait to finish my 6 months waiting time so I can try some TCA peel. biggrin.gif