Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys!

Well I know that most cysts are just really large, painful, irritated pimples that are under the surface, but after reading many posts regarding cysts, it seems there's also the other variety where the cyst is virtually painless and just a big lump under the skin.

I have moderate acne. I don't have wide-spread acne but when I do get pimples, they're pretty big and pretty painful. I don't think I've ever had a 'full out cyst' before but a few days ago I noticed a small bump beneath my eyebrow, near the bridge of my nose. It doesn't hurt when I touch it, there's no visible redness (in fact it kind of just blends into the rest of my skin) but there's a bump nevertheless. And it's pretty big too..a little bigger than the tip of an eraser I would say.

So for those people who are experts with dealing with cysts---from my description would this be one?

Thanks very very much for the help! I'm quite fed up with all this acne...):

im exacly like u and the answer would be apreciated but from searchign on google pictures i dont believe u have them if u have moderate acne

Thanks for taking the time to help! I'm really hoping it's not a cyst. Maybe it's a nodule...):

Hi guys!

Well I know that most cysts are just really large, painful, irritated pimples that are under the surface, but after reading many posts regarding cysts, it seems there's also the other variety where the cyst is virtually painless and just a big lump under the skin.

I have moderate acne. I don't have wide-spread acne but when I do get pimples, they're pretty big and pretty painful. I don't think I've ever had a 'full out cyst' before but a few days ago I noticed a small bump beneath my eyebrow, near the bridge of my nose. It doesn't hurt when I touch it, there's no visible redness (in fact it kind of just blends into the rest of my skin) but there's a bump nevertheless. And it's pretty big too..a little bigger than the tip of an eraser I would say.

So for those people who are experts with dealing with cysts---from my description would this be one?

Thanks very very much for the help! I'm quite fed up with all this acne...):

If it hasn't/doesn't come to a head, I'd say it's probably a nodule, but I'm not sure..

hmm i think cysts and nodules almost always come with inflammation, ie it will appear red. sounds more like a clogged pore to me? or perhaps if you think its too big for that it could be a cyst forming thought they almost always hurt in my experience. hopefully its just a big clogged pore that'll sort itself out soon enough!

Thanks for the help guys! There's just one other thing I'm a little confused about..

hopefully its just a big clogged pore that'll sort itself out soon enough!

I've had one or two of those as well..

I don't know what type of acne i have. Mostly scars right now with 2 or 3 active ones.

The bump was kinda big maybe size of ur thumb (a little smaller). And its color was blackish so it didn't blend with my skin.

After about 2-4 weeks it's completely gone.