Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not to be mean, but some of you people over obsess with acne.i know everyone hates it(including me) but i barely even have it maybe 1--2 pimples every so often. but you guys are over obsessing and using all these different products and using like 10 a day. stick to around 3-5 at most, and stay with it for about a month. don't spend your life with obsessing about acne, and finding all of these things to stop it! take around 1-5 minutes in the morning, and 1-10 minutes washing ur face abd putting ur junk on.

i only use like 2 product in the morning (cleanser,toner) and takes like 20 seconds.

and i use like 3 products at night, (cleanser,toner,treatment)

When you get real tired of something, you tend to go crazy. Most people who do that have had acne for so many years that they'll try anything, can you blame them? It's easy to say to stop obsessing from an outside point of view, but be open to viewing other perspectives.

We are our own toughest critic, everyone thinks the worst of themselves when according to people with an outside view your skin is not bad. Everyone has an opnion of what good skin and bad skin looks like. Just because you found something that works for you does not mean other people are over obsessing. I too think we need to find other thoughts to occupy our minds but unless you are in someone elses shoes you have no idea what they are going through. Good that you found something that works for you but just because it works for you does not mean it will work for others. True that some people here do not have bad skin while others do but like I said before it is their opinion.

I agree with some things you say, especially people with relatively good skin obsess over it. Also the thing about using 10 products in 1 day, but for some people they might need to keep it their skin clear. However, there are other people who have been struggling with acne for years, and they obsess over it because they just want clear skin to feel normal. To be able to go out without make-up on, or worry about having pictures taken because their skin is bad. It's hard when you have a lot of acne and scarring because you always feel like you aren't attractive because your skin is so messed up.

Your face is the first thing people see it is what gives them the first impression of you. You're skin is relatively clear, but how do you think people with a lot of acne/scarring feel? You always feel that people can't see past those things to see the real you. So you obsess over fixing it so you can feel like everyone else. Its a self image thing, the same reason people obsess over losing weight.

i agree and disagree with you. i find that once you stop obsessing over your acne, it goes away a lot faster than usual. if you keep spending every single minute thinking about it, you'll never get over it. but at the same time, you can't really help but think about it.

and you may only have to use three products, but some people have to watch every single step they're taking, even with things like food. i'd love to be able to go out with my friends and eat burgers and fries and not have to worry about my skin. i'd love to be able to go out even to the drugstore without having to spend time putting makeup on. things like these is what's hard to just ignore and stop obsessing over.