Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anewday

Skin has a wet "sheen" to it. Looks shiny, but dry. From retinoid use. Looks like plastic wrap on my skin

some of my skin has a strange sheen to it, it looks wet and it very noticeable from afar. it glows from far away. it looks very shiny and wet but is dry to the touch, i got this from using retinoids. so how does this go away because its no normal and its very embarasing and humiliating to have thankz for your time

ughh yeah i know what you're talking about. i hate that look. that happens to me at night after i put my stuff on.

i guess the best way to fix this problem is to use less of the product and put moisturizer over after everything else has dried.

at least that's what i do.

But mine doesn't go away it is permanent. will this ever go away should i keep using a retinoid or stop

+

Guest jff1986

Thank you for reminding me why not go back on retin-a lol. How long have you been using it?

i stopped using retinoids years ago. i've had this issue ever since, its like my skin is reflective its quite humiliating to say the least.

i've been using evoclin and benzoyl peroxide and the same is happening to me. my skin is really clearing up but i have the wet sheen that makes it look oily throughout the day..and it's actually really dry. i hate it.

i use ziana which has tretinoin in it which is a retinoid and this does not happen to me at all.