Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joshuagor44

Are there pills that I can take for acne?

In the morning I use Retin-A, and at night I use "46.8 MAGIS(TP.CL84:): 45 solugel 4 4% / 1.8 emcinka" (that's the what's written on the label, so make whatever sense of it you can).

Despite using this medication for nearly a year, I still get pretty bad breakouts and yucky whiteheads (I have at least 6 right now).

Can I take any pills in combination with those topicals? I'm taking 50mg of zinc every morning... I hear that helps a bit.

Also, should I consider benzoyl peroxide? Is it as good as everyone says it is?

If by pills you mean medication, the only things that come to mind are 1) antibiotics, 2) birth control pills (if you are female), and 3) Accutane (which is kinda last resort).

Have you seen no improvements from using retin-a for a year whatsoever? Because if that's the case, you may need to switch to a stronger retinoid or a different retinoid (like RAM, Tazorac, etc).

Zinc can help your acne, but acne is very individual so it's hard to say what internal supplements will really work. You could always take a multivitamin and fish oil pills (they are supposed to help balance out hormones) because it's healthy to do so anyway.

Benzoyl peroxide, again, is largely individual. If you are allergic to it, benzoyl peroxide will be like hell on your skin. Benzoyl peroxide is also pretty irritating on its own and since you are already using retin-a, if you decide to use BP, you should use the lowest percentage possible and start off with minimal application (maybe just as a spot treatment) until your skin adjusts.

Good luck!

If you need more info about acne treatments, this site is really helpful:

http://skinacea.com/acne/treat_list.htm

Thanks a lot to you both. I have been seeing results, but I'm not perfectly satisfied with how my skin looks.

Another thing, is it alright to take ibuprofen every day before I go out to reduce the redness?

well i started takign a pill called perfect skin by genuine health its all natural and seems 2 be helping me quite a bit you should look into it

If by pills you mean medication, the only things that come to mind are 1) antibiotics, 2) birth control pills (if you are female), and 3) Accutane (which is kinda last resort).

Have you seen no improvements from using retin-a for a year whatsoever? Because if that's the case, you may need to switch to a stronger retinoid or a different retinoid (like RAM, Tazorac, etc).

Zinc can help your acne, but acne is very individual so it's hard to say what internal supplements will really work. You could always take a multivitamin and fish oil pills (they are supposed to help balance out hormones) because it's healthy to do so anyway.

Benzoyl peroxide, again, is largely individual. If you are allergic to it, benzoyl peroxide will be like hell on your skin. Benzoyl peroxide is also pretty irritating on its own and since you are already using retin-a, if you decide to use BP, you should use the lowest percentage possible and start off with minimal application (maybe just as a spot treatment) until your skin adjusts.

Good luck!

If you need more info about acne treatments, this site is really helpful:

http://skinacea.com/acne/treat_list.htm

Don't forget spironolactone. Not sure if it's for the ladies only, though. :think: