Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this subject matter but I think it is the closest.

(Moderators: please move it to the right place if it is not)

Recently, I've noticed that after I cleansed my skin, I had one or two small patches of redness on my left inner cheek. At first I just thought it was a baby blemish and was convinced of it..But the last day or so, it's gotten worse and it's evolved into small patches of reddish, rashy, irritated skin.

I had seen a derm for something like it that occured on my right cheek a few weeks before and he told me it was contact dermatitis...But I was a bit skeptical about that...Nonetheless I got rid of it by applying this steroid cream he prescribed.

One can I can imagine the horror when I discovered this most recent development on left cheek..

I have a theory, though I'm not sure it is correct...Might it be that the small patches start off as irritated skin and because I don't use moisturizer, it develops into this dermatitis looking thing?

I doubt it is a food allergy because if it was, the location would be more random and spread out instead of being in an isolated area...

Anybody ever have this experience?

** I wanted to ask, because this seems to occur semi-frequently, are there any natural holistic treatments for rashes? I've used some holistic creams in the past, but it seemed to make the rash worse...Like any home remedies?

Ok, if nobody has experienced what I've described, does anybody have wierd sensitive skin that is prone to being dry and flaky after washing their face? Despite having oily skin?

I have very oily skin, and I am having problems on my neck and chest. I put on my BP then use my moisturiser on my face neck, and on my chest. I think I was draging the BP from my face onto my neck and chest. I am now dealing with very dry skin in those areas with a small blochiness/rash. My face feels just fine. This may not be what you are dealin with, but maybe it is similar. I am using petoroleum jelly at night to heal it. I now put the moisture on my neck and chest before the BP, then after the BP on my face is dry I put the moisturiser only on my face very carefully.

Lynn3,

Your condition sounds like it's from overdrying/abuse on your skin..I'm not sure if mine is the same...Last night I noticed a NEW very small spot of irritated skin on my right cheek kinda similar to what I described above..I put some moisturizer on it and this morning, I don't think it's any better..maybe worse..I wonder if it's SD, but it's really difficult to diagnosis this..

It feels like my skin is falling apart...HELP!

I get these patchy rashes all the time. Are you using retinoids or anything like that? I get irritated by that and have to use a moisturizer day and night to combat it. I also have a steroid cream as well. If you used it and it worked once, use it again!

Seabass,

Do you get those red rashes without the use of retinoids? I'm not currently on any of that.

Again, I wonder if it has something to do with dry/irritation..unfortunately I haven't found many who have encountered a similar situation...I've battled with this on and off through the years

and I usually used a steroid cream to combat it...I'm hesitant to use it again, in fear that it may be bad for my skin...I'd like to find a more gentle, "natural" means to combat it. For now, I'm going to try to see if it will go away if I just do nothing.

Any specific areas where you get it? And any suggestions on creams?