Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KT

Which moisturiser?! Please, please?!

I'm so sorry to post such a boring topic and I know this question's been asked hundreds of times before, but I still haven't managed to sort this one out...

I'm still looking for a good moisturiser that does the job but that doesn't cause breakouts. I also need one that's gentle and doesn't have any exfoliating stuff or anything in it (so eucerin daily control is no good).

What does everyone use? Please, please help....

Thanks

From what I've gathered so far:

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 15

Eucerin Q10 Anti-wrinkle SPF 15

Cetaphil SPF 15 (some dislike its greasy feel)

I've been using Eucering Face Renewal, but it has exfoliating AHAs in it.

I use:

Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra

Other good ones that never broke me out:

Prescriptives 100% oil-free

Paula's Choice Completely Non-Greasy Moisturizing Lotion

**There are good reviews for the new Clean and Clear Morning Burst lotion.

I used to use Cetaphil but recently switched to Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15. I like it a little better. It absorbs into the skin better than Cetaphil.

Seeing as you're English I will recommend Doublebase to you. It's the best, hands down.

i would recommend Urban Rites Facial Relief Moisturizing Balm. its the best moisturizer for moisturizing ive used, it has sun protection and goes on really nicely. its mostly in the mens section with shaving stuff. you can get it from sainsburys but not tesco. judging by your name youre a girl, but dont let the fact its in the mens section put you off. ive used enough of the products that are meant for girls! i hate it when the clean and clear blackhead scrub advert comes on TV, my brother just looks and laughs at me.

Thanks so much everyone for all the info. Going to try a few of those suggestions...

Seeing as you're all so helpful, don't suppose you've got any sunblock advice, have you?! I've got the same problem with that in that I haven't yet found one that doesn't break me out. Any UK ideas would be doubly appreciated.

Thanks so much again

Katie

i would like to know what moisteriser to use with a 12.5% tca peel?

i want one that will take away the pain,could the neutragina one be ok?

i just switched over to purpose moisturizer. It has sunscreen and it absorbs alot better than the c&c shine control stuff that i was using.

my fav: Rachel Perry SPF 15 moisturizer. I don't know if it's available there though. It'd be in whole foods stores/aisles if it's over there. It's the only non-department store SPF moisturizer that I've found that absorbs in quickly, doesn't feel greasy, and doesn't break me out. If you aren't able to find anything else, you can always resort to the department store lines. Those that are aimed towards problem skin (like Exuviance) have good SPF moisturizers as well (at a much heftier price though).

im using grapeseed oil every night and its awesome. its also an antioxidant and a lot of people with acne and oily skin use it cause it has slight astringent properties!