Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evet

Bridal Photo Session tomorrow...help?

Well, wouldn't you know? My skin has been healthy and happy, but...the day before my photo session I get a big angry Papule (?) -- red bump, no head, but very tender and inflamed. :boohoo:

I've read the posts and some say put on toothpaste, some say apple cider vinegar, some say honey, some say apply crushed aspirin, some say take ibuprofen, some say visine, some say steaming hot towel, some say ice...ay.

Obviously, I cannot do all, as I don't want to make things worst by piling it on. I think my treatment of choice is to leave aloe vera gel overnight. but i've been desparate and applying bp and aloe vera gel all day.

What do you guys like to do and why?

i want to take ibuprofen to reduce swelling/inflamation. and i want the last thing i do to be genlty cleanse my face and apply aloe vera gel over night, but should i apply something else as well? what works for you guys at reducing the size of the bump and the redness?

Well, wouldn't you know? My skin has been healthy and happy, but...the day before my photo session I get a big angry Papule (?) -- red bump, no head, but very tender and inflamed. :boohoo:

I've read the posts and some say put on toothpaste, some say apple cider vinegar, some say honey, some say apply crushed aspirin, some say take ibuprofen, some say visine, some say steaming hot towel, some say ice...ay.

Obviously, I cannot do all, as I don't want to make things worst by piling it on. I think my treatment of choice is to leave aloe vera gel overnight. but i've been desparate and applying bp and aloe vera gel all day.

i want to take ibuprofen to reduce swelling/inflamation. and i want the last thing i do to be genlty cleanse my face and apply aloe vera gel over night, but should i apply something else as well? what works for you guys at reducing the size of the bump and the redness?

Hi, Ican't make your pimple go away, but As a photographer who does weddings, I can give you a few tips on how to make it less noticable;

The number one quick fix for models with a big zit before the photo shoot is... believe it or not, hemmoroid cream. Yep, you heard right, the same stuff that shrinks hemmorids can help with the swelling of a zit. Apply the night before and the morning of, and it should help quite a bit.

Good coverage is important, you'll need to dab a thick concealer on it before you apply your foundation then you'll need apply powder (I recomend wearing powder on your entire face, because if you have even a bit of oil, any light that hit's it will show up as big shiny patch on your face)

Lastley, any good photographer Should be able to work with light and shadow to give your skin the most flattering effect. And let's not forget retouching, if all else fails just have them touch up your photo for you, some photographers even offer this service for free.

Hope this helps!

Hi, Ican't make your pimple go away, but As a photographer who does weddings, I can give you a few tips on how to make it less noticable;

The number one quick fix for models with a big zit before the photo shoot is... believe it or not, hemmoroid cream. Yep, you heard right, the same stuff that shrinks hemmorids can help with the swelling of a zit. Apply the night before and the morning of, and it should help quite a bit.

Good coverage is important, you'll need to dab a thick concealer on it before you apply your foundation then you'll need apply powder (I recomend wearing powder on your entire face, because if you have even a bit of oil, any light that hit's it will show up as big shiny patch on your face)

Lastley, any good photographer Should be able to work with light and shadow to give your skin the most flattering effect. And let's not forget retouching, if all else fails just have them touch up your photo for you, some photographers even offer this service for free.

Hope this helps!

ooh that's interesting. thanks so much for the trick of the trade! i was starting to think I'd use visine for the redness, and ice to help with the swelling. i might give hemorrhoid cream a chance...do you think it clogs pores long term?