Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatsnewithu

whitehead breakouts

So i have been on the regimen for a week now and i was wondering if it is normal to have whitehead breakouts? It's really annoying to see a new one every day :/ and most of them are along the jawline or on my neck (and have couple pustules forming). I would consider myself to have moderate acne. Please let me know or give me any sort of advice on what i can do! thank you

This is perfectly normal - exactly the same thing happened to me. The breakout was most likely developing under the skin before you started using the regimen, and therefore the BP could not prevent it.

This is perfectly normal - exactly the same thing happened to me. The breakout was most likely developing under the skin before you started using the regimen, and therefore the BP could not prevent it.

thanks for assuring me! im beginning my second week now and i upped the dose but now i have more and more whiteheads, with a lot of redness :/ i hope this is normal too

I actually have the same problem and I'm just beggining my second week of the regimen

What kind of acne would you think you would have? I feel as though im hoping too much. I see no improvement instead see a worsening. I get like 3 new whiteheads/pustules at the end of the day. Why is this happening? I really hope my face somewhat improves towards the end of this week

Before I started using the regimen (and in the intial stages), I was getting 5 or more whiteheads a day. 9 weeks later though and my face is pretty much clear; I only get the occasional pimple from time to time now.

For faster results, it is important that you ramp up to the full amount of BP as soon as possible. Don't do it too quickly; just observe your skin and increase the quanitity accordingly. Once your skin has become accustomed, I would actually recommend applying more than the recommended two pumps, applying extra BP in the areas in which you are prone to breakouts. Absolutely do not be afraid of using too much - large amounts of BP are critical to your success.

Always remember: The more BP the better!

well, I've had moderate acne for a few months now. I never used to get whiteheads though, at least very rarely. I think it's normal to get them during the first few weeks of the Regimen, since it says in the "What to expect" page that you will break out. They go away quickly for me, but new ones come every day too. I definitely don't see an improvement in my skin yet, but supposedly some people don't see results for quite a while. So I guess we both just need to stick with the Regimen and hope things get better. Keep me updated and I'll keep you updated =D I would really like to go through this with someone else around the same week as me, I feel so alone with it

im glad that other people are on the same track as i am :D . i'll be sure to update and hopefully muster up the courage to post pictures sometime this week.

Yeah, it's definitely comforting to know that others are going through the same thing. haha that'll take alot of courage to put up some pics, I only ever take pics when my skin is momentarily clear [sometimes that happens for a few days every few months, but it's so decieving...] but yeah be sure to update. I can't wait to start seeing results, I'm getting so impatient lol

well, I've had moderate acne for a few months now. I never used to get whiteheads though, at least very rarely. I think it's normal to get them during the first few weeks of the Regimen, since it says in the "What to expect" page that you will break out. They go away quickly for me, but new ones come every day too. I definitely don't see an improvement in my skin yet, but supposedly some people don't see results for quite a while. So I guess we both just need to stick with the Regimen and hope things get better. Keep me updated and I'll keep you updated =D I would really like to go through this with someone else around the same week as me, I feel so alone with it

ditto. every day I have new ones which, like I said, I never got before. BUT, I suppose it's an improvement over big honking new under the skin things. But if I was the old pessimistic me, I'd be saying that these products were making my acne worse. So, it does help to hear others at the same point and I do NOT want to quit this before these bottles are empty.

The only place I'm getting annoying drying is my neck, so I've backed off on the bp there since the acne isn't horrid and I super moisturize.

ah! i was so close to popping my face yesterday but i didn't. now i know why ppl would turn to other options around the second week. i have about 6-8 pustules on both sides of my face (along the jawline) and several whiteheads (that will eventually turn into pustules :/). it's still red, dry and flaky. i think im having a hard time because i go to work every day and avoid wearing makeup. my face looks so poppable! haha..but anyways does the regimen work when you have hormonal acne because by this point i feel as though the pimples are just going to come forever and ever. im gonna still stay on the regimen and be patient, it is only the 2nd week

Hey finzy, yeah it is good to see a couple more people who are having the same experience. You're right though, it's definitely alot better than having it under your skin and then it stays there for soo long. It's certainly getting worse, but we just need to keep looking to the future and hope it really does get better.

whatsnewithu, yeah I definetly know what you mean. I have more than I've ever had on both my cheeks, and then I have to go to work like every day. It's terrible seeing the way people look at me, but I just keep thinking to myself "it's going to get better soon". I have hormonal acne as well, so I guess we'll both see if it works well enough for that. Right now I suppose it's too soon to tell, but I'm just so impatient! People keep saying they noticed results right away, but I only see it getting worse...

okay this might sound gross but one of my pustules popped on its own. is that okay? i guess cause of all the pressure that is underneath it but i wiped it carefully with a q-tip and left it alone. will i start getting pimples around that area now? i didn't even touch it! my face is truly a battlefield

don't lose hope tho! my face is very very slowly getting somewhat better. and by that i mean the whiteheads/pustules are healing faster than usual which is a good sign. hang in there!

hmm that's not good but I think it's normal, it's happened to me. it might cause more breakouts in that area though, so I guess just pay extra attention to that area when you apply BP.

yeah, same here. I mean my face is a disaster right now, but that's just because so many new blemishes are arising. but think of how much worse it would be if they weren't also fading quickly! as of today though I am now on week 3, so hopefully things will start looking better and the breakouts will stop...

bumping this thread to chat with the others who are about in the same week as me. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and with the sun and tan from the beach I had to back up a little on the bp because I was just too dry. and for about 5 days I had not one solitary blemish on my entire face. It was amazing. but then the whiteheads all came back. My whole jaw is little tiny bumps. hmm..it's weird.

BUT, they come and go quickly if I don't touch them. It's hard not to touch them since I am a picker. But I'm sticking with it. If nothing else, i find that getting into the habit of cleansing my skin properly helps tremendously.