Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtm

Aloe Vera & Growing Your Own Aloe Vera

I'm 14 years old and had had a huge acne problem from about December 07 until about a month ago. I went to my doctor and he gave me Minocyclin (oral) and Clindoxyl Gel (Clindamycin+BP in a gel). I'm clear now, but I still have REALLY OILY SKIN, I look like I mirror sometimes, lol. I also have lots and lots of red and brown marks on my face (mostly forehead) and some depressed scars from old acne legions. My scars are mostly 3-5 months old.

Anyway, I have heard that Aloe Vera gel is good for scars and preventing acne breakouts, as well as for oily skin. I was thinking, since most OC Aloe gels are "100% natural", I may as well just grow my own! But then I realized, what about the chemicals in potting soil? And fertilizers and stuff like Miracle Gro? Since you're not supposed to use chemicals for plants you eat, do you think it's OK to use chemicals and potting soil for Aloe Vera plants you are going to use for your skin?

If you've used Aloe for scarring, oily/shiny skin, hyperpigmentation marks and/or mild acne, has it worked?

Any opinions or feedback would be great :D

It doesn't need any fertilizers. It's easy to grow. Just don't over water.

I use aloe for any kind of inflammation or irritation. It's also good for mixing in other things. I mix in green tea and niacinimide which helps with pigment.