Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just found out today about a terrible disease called Morgellons disease.

Google it, youtube it, and look here

http://lymebusters.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=rash

Seriously, parasites living under your skin, producing massive, lingering sores, a constant crawling feeling all over and under the skin, and strange fibres growing through the skin. So far, only treatment anyone has had success with is colloidal silver.

And worse, it's been found to be a genetically modifed organism :( I hate humans.

This really gave me some perpective. Look at the pics and vids, and tell me you don't thank god that you only have inflamed bumps on your skin.

Morgellons disease is considered by the vast majority of health professionals to be a psychological disorder. It manifests itself in delusional parasitosis, in which the patient believes he or she is infested by parasites but is not in actuality. The lesions are caused by self-injury in an attempt to remove the "parasites". There is NO evidence that it's caused by a genetically modified organism, that's a conspiracy theory. The disease is treated with anti-psychotics.

Urgh. I YouTubed it, and would like to thank you for bringing something this thoroughly disgusting to my attention. This was the best video I could find of the worms:

Morgellons disease is considered by the vast majority of health professionals to be a psychological disorder. It manifests itself in delusional parasitosis, in which the patient believes he or she is infested by parasites but is not in actuality. The lesions are caused by self-injury in an attempt to remove the "parasites". There is NO evidence that it's caused by a genetically modified organism, that's a conspiracy theory. The disease is treated with anti-psychotics.

Researchers have found that the fibres are in fact organic, and unlike anything that has been seen before. The CDC has now recognised Morgellons disease as a real, physiological disease and are currently researching treatment.

This thing is real. The whole "it's all in your head" attitude is exactly how HIV patients were initially treated.

That is a very disturbing and interesting discussion, about Morgellon's disease...

Well, actually to correct things, the CDC hasn't actually admitted that it's a real disease caused by organisms. It has admitted as of January 2008 that its sufferers are indeed suffering from SOME kind of a problem (whether it may be due to the "organisms" or whether it's a result of the delusional parasitosis, or some other psychological malady). Also, the CDC is continuing its research of the disease demographics and is investigating more cases, not actually researching treatment (since they haven't diagnosed it as a real disease caused by organisms).

I think the fibers are pretty solid evidence that we can't completely ignore this phenomena, but on the same note, the complete unbiased medical perspective of this condition has been distorted beyond repair by self-diagnosing patients and the media (along with people who are saying that the "organisms" are from aliens, are from government conspiracies, etc.)

But I do think that with time, if this does happen to be a real thing, more doctors would become involved in realizing it. Until then, I guess it's just a wait-and-see.

The whole "it's all in your head" attitude is exactly how HIV patients were initially treated.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.