Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imreadytocomehome

Does the dryness go away?

I've been using the regimen for over a year, and lately my skin has been acting like I'm not doing anything to it (still breaking out). So I started using more BP, but my skin gets soooo dry. Does this eventually go away?

Also, if I use jojoba oil, when do I use it?

Right after cleansing & before the BP?

After the BP as a moisturizer?

Both?

I wasn't quite using a full pump before. My skin is flaking pretty badly though, so I think I'm going to lightly use a facial scrub once in a while.

I would try a little jojoba oil for the flakes. Just mix a few drops in the palm of your hand with your moisturizer. This should help clear up the flakes, as well as add some extra moisturizing power to what you're using.

I would figure if you want your face to start clearing up that you would have to go to the full two pumps? Maybe you will be able to do that without flakes and such with the jojoba oil.

Any time you increase the amount of BP you use, you'll need to take some time to adjust to that larger amount. The dryness will diminish as you adjust, but you'll need to compensate for that in the meantime with more moisturizer. It could take a few weeks to adjust, even, depending on how much more you're using than before. Khrysalis' suggestion of jojoba oil is a good one. I've found jojoba oil to be really helpful in managing dryness and flaking while still using large amounts of BP.

I wasn't quite using a full pump before. My skin is flaking pretty badly though, so I think I'm going to lightly use a facial scrub once in a while.

I would try a little jojoba oil for the flakes. Just mix a few drops in the palm of your hand with your moisturizer. This should help clear up the flakes, as well as add some extra moisturizing power to what you're using.

Jojoba oil doesn't seem to want to mix with my moisturizer (cetaphil cream). It's like they won't go together no matter how long I massage them in my palm. Should I use jojoba oil straight up?