Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am sooo excited!! :surprised:

I looked at my face in the mirror today, and my FACE IS FREAKIN GLOWING!!

I cant believe this....or maybe I can!!

There is no pimples..the last one I just washed off today..My pores look like a young girl..like how it did a yr and a half ago, before my acne...I looked like 16 or something..now I loolk, like 16 again,I just got carded to buy some ciggs for my BF...LOL..

Okay, the past 2 weeks, I have been eating nothing but kale..brocolli..onions,mini peppers..and chicken baked, and slamon,wild caught!!

The beautiful thing is I have been eating this from a regular store...not whole foods...and my face looks good..

(however, next week I will get my food from the whole foods store)

I have been exercising..more then usual..I have been going to sleep and thinking

extremely , I mean extremely positive..

though ,sunday night I felt tired..and kinda pain like ulcers in my stomache..the next day I felt it too...then THAT NIGHT I did not take my vitamins...and woke up my face looked a little bit better.

so that night I only took vitamin c. and MSM, supplement..and the day after I woke up looking that much more better(I did not want to jinx myself though)so I did not say anything..

I took..the same amt of vitamins for the past 2 days..with my diet being basically the same as wel!!

So last night I read the MSG, thread trying to figure out why ?

And I read GELATIN/GELATINE..MSG...ASPARTAME..Or all bad for the health, and people with of course acneic skin, and it could give allergies ,many other health problems ext...

And I also started to realize, just when I started to get acne..of course I lived off sugar..of course I was still eating like the general pop..

however I also was on the trying to eat better thing as well after reading kevin turdues book"TRUTH THAT THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT",...which sent me into a scare....

and then I sarted to take ANY OLE VITAMINS, just because I read that they were good for you...and I was taking a multivitamin..vitamin e., all kinds of vitamins thinking that it does not matter, what they are, as long as they are vitamins...

A mnth later I got seasonal allergies out of the blue..my eyes became darker, and baggy, my hormonal problems started..ext..

I became depressed, crying everyday..eating bad,...because of my emotions...so the cycle did not end..it just kept getting worse...even after I started to read this site ,last yr..however I was mostly on the spiro thread looking for a quick fix like most...

I know this is long...but this is what I have concluded...

I have been eating good...not whole food good...but really healthy,like most of us on here do..

and I would still get break outs, plus my seasonal allergies are harsh..I mean harsh..

from july of 2007, up until monday night this yr...

I would wake up with a clog pore, or at least 2 huge pimples on my chin no doubt that would leave a scar..MY skin is SUPER DRY..and another reason why I know that I should not have this acne, ecspecially with my diet, and "THE SUPPLEMNETS", I am/was taking..

So with that being said...

I was taking:

a vitamin a&d with gelatin as the caps..easy to swallow

a vitamin e, with gelatin as the caps..

a niacinamide with gelatin

a zinc with gelatin

l-glutamine with gelatin(still trying to figure out, it L-GLUTAMINE, IS THE SAME AS GLUATMIC ACID)

OTHER VITAMINS..LOL:

MILK THISLE..without gelatin

vitamin c. without gelatin

calcium with out gelatin

and msm without gelatin..

I know, alot..however I have become addicted to the vitamins thinking they were doing good..

and some people say the benefits outweigh the risk..

I still dont think I need all of those vitamins in supplement form!!

I have NEW RULES..as Bill Maher would say..

I will now GET ALL OF MY NUTRIENTS THROUGH WHOLE FOODS..

instead of spending a hundered bucks on vitamins every 2 mnths, plus they are doing me harm, because of the MSG, gelatine/gelatin..and the hydroxylzed or whatever..which are in most of my vitamins as well.

I figure, even though the vitamin/supplement bottles do not have our known allergens:soy,wheat.dairy,eggs,ext...

That does not mean that the other ingredients, that are in the supplements, are not doing us any harm as well...exp..the MSG/OR HYDROLYVED VEGETABLE STUFF, AND THE NATURAL COLORS, OR FLAVORS OR WHTNOT..

This is why I think I have acne to begin with ,now, for the most part..because the msg gives you food allergies..as well as seasonal allergies...ext...

I SHOULD OF READ THAT THREAD EARLIER! :wall:

Now I will get my vitamins this way:

My vitamin A.&D form twinlab codliver oil

My vitamin b complex,or b vitamins from turkey,tuna,cabbage(whole food store,grass fed,or free range..whatever the kind without the chemicals)

my vitamin c.from broccolli,kale,cauliflower,peppers,brussel sprouts,

(might still supplement with vitamin c.)

my vitamin e. from collard greens..I hope that will be enough?

if not, PLEASE RECCOMEND A GOOD FOOD.

My zinc from sesame seed..if I am not allergic to them?

My chromium from romaine lettuce, and plenty of onions

I will supplement my milk thisle

I will take a probiotic

I will eat also SALMON as well...wild caught

I need some potassium as well, because I wont do the fruit thing..

So should I just supplement potassium?

I want to take L-GLUTAMINES...however I dont know if it is safe or not? :think:

I am debating drinking peppermint tea...because I am anxious all the time for some reason..like a bunny.

I need something to calm me down..when its sleep time.

I just NEED TO KNOW WHATS UP WITH THE NUT AND SEED CONNECTION..

If I can eat them without harm , if I am allergic to nuts?

And lastly, I have been brushing my teeth with regular ole tooth paste with flouride, and carraggenan<spelling?

and a high sodium content..

So WHAT TOOTHPASTE IS GOOD?

I have figured it out..

and I dont have to spend so much money now on supplement or whatever..

JUST QUALITY WHOLE FOODS..

this summer, might just be a blast for me. ;)

glad to hear your skins doing good. L-glutamine is not the same thing as glutamic acid, they are completley different. l-glutamine is very good for healing the GI tract so if you think you may have leaky gut or any other issues with your digestive tract then id say take it. tr to find a good powder, it will be absorbed better that way and it doesnt taste bad.

glad to hear your skins doing good. L-glutamine is not the same thing as glutamic acid, they are completley different. l-glutamine is very good for healing the GI tract so if you think you may have leaky gut or any other issues with your digestive tract then id say take it. tr to find a good powder, it will be absorbed better that way and it doesnt taste bad.

Thanks sleaman...!!

I really like the l-glutamine..since I have been taking it I have been having easy digestion,and I am more regular..

I will look into the powder soon.

Do you think pure powdered vitamins are any good?

I heard they are not because we will just excrete them through our urine?

Congrats on your skin. :)

I take as many of my supplements in powder or liquid form as possible. Caplets are hard to digest; and capsules have filler ingredients that I never intended on supplementing. So I just go directly for the active ingredient I'm after. Of course, I don't take many supplements these days.

Thanks rakbs!!

Rakbs, where do you get your powdered vitamins?

please, can you let me know..thanks!

I can not believe this :D !

I keep looking at myself in the mirror, just trying to find a pimple..the weird thing is I only stopped most/9 out of 11 vitamins(and I was taking any amnt mind you, like 3,of this vitamin, or 4 of that vitamin)..now only vitamin c...because they help with my allergies...I take 6,000mgs..

and msm..1500 mgs!! I only stopped them On sunday night...and its like WOAH!!

My skin is litterally glowing...and it does not feel oily, my pores are looking well..

I look like my old self...THIS IS WEIRD!

I hope this is not just a jinx...

Anywho, I will update to let you guys know if this is a coinscidence..or MIRACLE :cool:

Yes, Good Job! Get off those supplements! They often do more harm then good. You don't realize it until you get off them.

Thanks rakbs!!

Rakbs, where do you get your powdered vitamins?

please, can you let me know..thanks!

I can not believe this :D !

I keep looking at myself in the mirror, just trying to find a pimple..the weird thing is I only stopped most/9 out of 11 vitamins(and I was taking any amnt mind you, like 3,of this vitamin, or 4 of that vitamin)..now only vitamin c...because they help with my allergies...I take 6,000mgs..

and msm..1500 mgs!! I only stopped them On sunday night...and its like WOAH!!

My skin is litterally glowing...and it does not feel oily, my pores are looking well..

I look like my old self...THIS IS WEIRD!

I hope this is not just a jinx...

Anywho, I will update to let you guys know if this is a coinscidence..or MIRACLE :cool:

Usually from bodybuilding.com, which has an amazing selection, really good prices, and fast shipping. It's literally everything you could ask for in an online store.

If you wanted a supplement in powder form, you would just type in "Powder Calcium" or "Powder (amino acid of your choice)."

I have an question..

You know the vitamins that I was taking with Gelatin/gelatine caps..

I wanted to know if I could open up the caps and take the powder that is in it out?

I mean would this :

A.)not be an effective vitamin anymore, because I then opened it up, and just used the powder?

b)Not be any good as far as trying to avoid the allergen from the actual gelatin cap because ,the powder has been inside the cap, so no matter, it would still give me the allegic reaction, because it was in the actual gelatin cap for a long time, thus rendering it a bad idea, because it touched the gelatin cap?

I am going to order 3 powdered version vitamins from bodybuilding.com, however I want to still get my vzinc, out of the caps, and my niacinamide, and my other vitamin , until the new ones arrive form bodybuilding.

Thanks!!

you should be fine opening the capsules. I highly doubt you would have any reaction to any trace amounts from the capsules. I used to always open the capsules when i took supplements.

you should be fine opening the capsules. I highly doubt you would have any reaction to any trace amounts from the capsules. I used to always open the capsules when i took supplements.

Thanks, sleasman...I wish would not of spent soo much money on them, now I wont be able to use em...well, I will open up the caps!!

How, do you take them ,do you just pour over your food, or in water..or straight on the toungue?

I will do tommorow!!

Anyways...

Hotdiggitydog!! :dance:

I am like in TOTAL AWE,MAN!!

Like I know this sounds repetitive...but this is really weird for my face to be sooo clear..with pores looking like tight...I have not washed my face today, and when I washed it last nighted, it felt like gliding over silk :D ..not all ruddy or whatnot..

I am so greatful for that whole MSG, thread..and I think ALOT of people with dry skin acne..or whatnot should really look into the MSG, additives connection, with OUT OF THE BLUE ALLERGIC reactions/senstivities to foods..

Not only..when I first started to take the MSG filled vitamins a yr and a half ago, did I end up getting food sensastivities, I got dark circles , puffy eyes, and sinuses...I had abdominal pain..all of a sudden stomache problems, and then missing cycles...Its not just the vitamin gel caps, but also is the aspartame, that is in basically all packs of gum..and most of everything...

I tested some gum late last night with aspartame in them, and loe and behold I WOKE UP TODAY WITH MY LEFT EYE BAGGY!!

So, I know for sure there is an connection!

So, in theory, if I STAY AWAY FROM THE MSG/ASPARTAME/GEL CAPS..EXT..and keep eating basically really good...(on the website www.msgmyth.com ) they say it should be out of your system in like a week, after consumption...

And hopefully in like 2 mnths I can reintroduce old foods, like maybe sweet potatoes, and some fruits, and some SEEDS, back into my life!

I think what happened was, I ended up taking these MSG filled vitamins, (not knowing then)..and large amnts, and then upset my system..which I kept taking them..and then I became allergic to like a billion foods..

THERE HAS to be something up..

So now I know what my ALLERGEN is...which is in basically everything...however I can still eat more foods, that are VERY WHOLE in nature, and when I go pick up my new whole foods, I can make sure that everything I buy is without the MSG...and other allergens...I might be able to do this guys!!

I need a pure organic tooth paste..

I cant believe this.

Plus not only is my acne not popping up, all week, my skin has a natural moister to it.

WOW!

I have an question..

You know the vitamins that I was taking with Gelatin/gelatine caps..

I wanted to know if I could open up the caps and take the powder that is in it out?

I mean would this :

A.)not be an effective vitamin anymore, because I then opened it up, and just used the powder?

b)Not be any good as far as trying to avoid the allergen from the actual gelatin cap because ,the powder has been inside the cap, so no matter, it would still give me the allegic reaction, because it was in the actual gelatin cap for a long time, thus rendering it a bad idea, because it touched the gelatin cap?

Umm... I would never, ever take the content out of a capsule. It is there usually for a very good reason. Some medicines (in capsule form) for example can seriously damage your internal organs (from the mouth to the stomach) if you open them up and only eat the content. They are meant to be dissolved in the stomach and not in you mouth. Of course, some medicines are in capsules just to make it easier to swallow or to hide the bad taste, but still. You can never really be sure which one is physically harmful to you. Though, I have no idea if there exists any harmful vitamin supplements...

I know not taking the msg/caps gelatin/caps..and or avoiding the msg in total is what has my

skin looking waay better, and yes food plays a major part ,however it is no coinsidence that since I stopped most of the vitamina with the msg/gelatin that I "magically...have total clear skin..

(to Rebecawinter)

If you are allergic to a specific substance, and take that away, then of course your symptoms would get better...and I HAVE BEEN TAKING THESE VITAMINS FOR CLOSE almost 2 yrs now..

I dont know why you guys are not believing me, because ..there is a thread on here specifically regarding the MSG..plus this site www.msgmyth.com

an I have had most of thos symptoms , and only after changing my diet did some of them get better, along with skin care regimen...but never, I mean never since I have gotten acne, did something work as soon, as when I stopped the vitamins.

MSG/,GELATIN/CARAGEEENAN...all of these can cause waaay more worse symtoms besides acne..I wish I would of found out about this relationship much sooner..and I am glad they posted this topic...I really am..

It does not matter that my acne has totally cleared or not , because the diet that the MSG site reccomends is basically the diet I am on now, however I believe if I never touch the MSG, again, or any derrivatives from that horrible substance, then not only can I be acne free, but after it is out of my system, then I can introduce..some more variety of foods back into my diet...like seeds, and maybe sweet potatoes...I have been scared to eat some foods, not sure which would break me out...when in all reality, it has been the vitamins capsules..and the toothpaste I have been using...with the MSG/GELATIN..ext...and the gum with ASPARTAME..

It may seem like such a small amnt.can not influence yoy, however if you are allergic to a substance..then it can have a huge impact on your whole body function...especially to people who are sensative to the substance.

And lastly I have done the experiment last night...I chewed 3 packs of bubble gum with aspartame in them..and 3 hrs later my stomach hurt, I could not sleep, I had diahhrea..ext..

My eyes are puffy again this morning...ding ding ding...sort of an elimination type experiment..

I will experiment tonight to see if I dont have the MSG, substance what my symptoms will be.

It is simple..assess the problem, find the treatment,and cure it.

nothing more, nothing less..

So diet plays a role...however The big thing is knowing your allergen...and since my diet has been consisting for the most part of organic foods..and nothing else...all fingers has lead to MSG/GELATIN and the derrivatives being the culprint.

Okay so I got a massive breakout today :mad: .....................NOT!!LOL :clap:

I am still 100% clear...he-he...I'm such a kidder...

Anywho, though I am not breaking out as of 1 week today, I have noticed a major decline in energy,,'and I really want to still supplement my vitamins..but just not in the form of caps, so I will order 100% pure liquid vitamins from www.sharpweblabs.com yep..they are expensive..however I want to get the added kick , plus I know even though it was not the vitamins themselves doing the harm to me, but the caps they were enclosed in...

And I have decided to go raw...and start to eat only green smoothies...and take my liquid vitamins..

I hope this helps with my energy and keep me clear as well..I think I have become very dependent on the routine of taking supplements, plus I notice a major difference when I do not take them especially in the form of energy and focus...

I might still do meat...but that will only be if I still feel tired ,even after supplementing my liquid vitamins, and changing to the green smoothies

I will kepp updating :angel: