Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yankulov

Things that DIDN'T work for..and a few that did

Guest MarifreakinA

I think the whole masturbation thing is a myth to be honest.

I want to drink Peppermint tea and feel it will work. However I'm worried I will lose my facial hair and get breast tissue etc. I also worry my body will make more testosterone to counter it lol.

I don't like the idea of messing with my hormones.

What didn't work:

ACV (drinking)

Low strength antibiotics

Anything of less strength than BP

What "sort of" worked:

Paleo Diet

Strongest antibiotic (forgot name)

BP

What worked:

Low fat diet

Supplements

Only washing with water

I cheat a lot but when I don't for a week or so I am near 100% clear using the bottom methods. (Still have to wait for redmarks to fade, have been fading for about a year now though so they are not very bright read, I think they should be gone within another year save a huge prolonged breakout)

Isn't Spiro an antibiotic?

I've heard green tea, any thing with caffeine, some milks, & stress, create androgens.

It has been speculated that peppermint tea can help control hormone related acne by mildly boosting estrogen levels. In addition, because of this detail, drinking peppermint tea can be a useful remedy for women with low estrogen levels suffering from problems such as excess bodily hair or even simply any of the usual issues resulting from menopause.

However I've read more about Spearmint Tea being a better anti-androgen.

I've had great success w/ Spearmint. I have completely stopped breaking out around my jaw and chin area. I drink a few cups of 100% spearmint tea a day.

A lot of these things you mentioned should be done anyway. Everyone should get enough vitamins & minerals, sleep and exercise.

It sounds to me like you randomly cut out food & not an actual group or ingredient. Why did you cut out potatoes? Beans? And what constitutes "junk food"? Added sugar? Trans fat? You could have been getting it from other sources.

Many people have had success cutting out dairy.

An "apple fast" isn't always effective. There are other ways to detox and other things you can fast on. Check out an organic detoxing book (:

A lot of these things you mentioned should be done anyway. Everyone should get enough vitamins & minerals, sleep and exercise.

It sounds to me like you randomly cut out food & not an actual group or ingredient. Why did you cut out potatoes? Beans? And what constitutes "junk food"? Added sugar? Trans fat? You could have been getting it from other sources.

I agree. It isn't just fast food and potato chips. What you want is a blood sugar stabilizing, nutrient dense and anti-inflammatory diet that does not include anything you have an intolerance for.

You don't mention if you've tried dairy free. I've been dairy free for only 2 weeks and I am 80% clear. The spots I have at the moment are tiny compared to the inflamed ones I had before. No cysts either.

get a handle on the coated tongue and your acne is gone: that easy

colon hydro helped me with the acne/coated tongue