Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yankulov

Things that DIDN'T work for..and a few that did

Things that didn't work for me. I tried them for at least a couple of weeks or months.

Things that didn't do absolutely nothing for my skin

All kind of lotions (BP, Zynerit, Scinoren, Eucerin, DermaClean, etc, etc..) - 5 years of local treatments experiments

• 6 months of nutrition experiments:
  • Grains-free diet
  • Beans-free diet
  • Potatoes-free diet
  • Junk-free diet
  • High-fat low carb diet
  • Blood type diet
  • Lemon water internally
  • Lemon water externally
  • ACV internally
  • ACV externally
  • 3 days apple fast
  • Carrot juice
  • Cucumber juice
  • Hot water steam
  • Only water regime
  • Aspirin mask
  • Virgin olive oil internally
  • Egg mask
  • Honey mask
  • Salt mask
  • Baking soda
  • Vit C
  • Vit B-complex
  • Vit A
  • Vid D
  • Zinc
  • All minerals complex
  • EFA 3-6-9
  • MSM
  • EFT (http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=187831&st=0&p=2198819&#entry2198819)
  • Sleep 8-9 hours
  • Sport almost everyday: basketball, weightlifting
  • No masturbation (but only for 2 weeks, I'm trying it now for month)
  • Brewer's yeast
  • Green tea
  • Rooibos tea
  • White tea
  • Drinking a lot of water
  • Not drinking on meals
  • Head and shoulders - tried it only for 4-5 days for body acne but it seems like it makes my acne very, very bad. My body acne looks very bad after a couple of days of H&S use. I'm not completely sure if its H&S or the sweeting (its very hot these days)
  • Liver flush - I made 1 liver flush..but no stones. I'll try it again this time after parasites and kidney cleans

Things that help my acne but didn't clear me completely:

• Low-sugar diet
  • Dairy-free diet
  • Taurine

I have mild to moderate acne on my face, back, chest and shoulders + folliculitis, coated tongue and lactose intolerance.

Things that didn't work for me. I tried them for at least a couple of weeks or months.

Things that didn't do absolutely nothing for my skin

• All kind of lotions (BP, Zynerit, Scinoren, Eucerin, DermaClean, etc, etc..) - 5 years of local treatments experiments

• 6 months of nutrition experiments:
  • Grains-free diet
  • Beans-free diet
  • Potatoes-free diet
  • Junk-free diet
  • High-fat low carb diet
  • Blood type diet
  • Lemon water internally
  • Lemon water externally
  • ACV internally
  • ACV externally
  • 3 days apple fast
  • Carrot juice
  • Cucumber juice
  • Hot water steam
  • Only water regime
  • Aspirin mask
  • Virgin olive oil internally
  • Egg mask
  • Honey mask
  • Salt mask
  • Baking soda
  • Vit C
  • Vit B-complex
  • Vit A
  • Vid D
  • Zinc
  • All minerals complex
  • EFA 3-6-9
  • MSM
  • EFT
  • Sleep 8-9 hours
  • Sport almost everyday: basketball, weightlifting
  • No masturbation (but only for 2 weeks, I'm trying it now for month)
  • Brewer's yeast

I think the problem may be that there is somethign else wrong internally that even witha perfect diet you are still breaking out. It could be candida, leaky gut, parasites, or other imbalances. A good diet can only do so much if things aren't working correctly internally. I think your next focus should be cleansing/detoxing and rebuilding your body(curing candida or leaky gut, improving digestion/replenishing flora in the stomach). Coated tongue sounds like candida or just poor digestion, so do osme research or go to a good holistic doctor who cn help diagnose and prescribe a treatment plan. You need to find a way that your body can use all that healthy food you're putting into it. good luck

I think the problem may be that there is somethign else wrong internally that even witha perfect diet you are still breaking out. It could be candida, leaky gut, parasites, or other imbalances. A good diet can only do so much if things aren't working correctly internally. I think your next focus should be cleansing/detoxing and rebuilding your body(curing candida or leaky gut, improving digestion/replenishing flora in the stomach). Coated tongue sounds like candida or just poor digestion, so do osme research or go to a good holistic doctor who cn help diagnose and prescribe a treatment plan. You need to find a way that your body can use all that healthy food you're putting into it. good luck

Cleaning the body with some kind of flush/fast is maybe the only thing that I didn't try (except the 3 days apple fast which was terrible trial for my body and skin). I'm thinking that I have deeper health problems that need quite different approaches because my skin don't respond to the diet changes... despite the fact that I tried everything!

What do you think about this liver cleanse: http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp

The other thing that was in my head is that I have some serious hormonal issues - It's important to mention that I'm teen.

It sounds like you might just have plain and simple crappy androgen receptors. In which case I would try a topical anti-androgen. Progesterone cream, green tea extract, spiro, etc.

Also, have you ever used cod liver oil?

Can you explain the symptoms of bad androgen receptors (except acne)?

I never tried topical anti-androgen. Can I try rooibos tea topically? And what is spiro?

I never used cod liver oil.

Thanks in advance, rakbs.

Please answer in this thread, so the moderators can delete the other two, which I posted accidentally by pressing the post button 3 times :D

You have digestive problems, and accumilated toxins, the coating on your tongue tells that/

You should be taking triphala it is very good for digesting. Also do not eat raw fruits or vegetables cook your food well and don't drink ice cold drinks. Remember that everyone is different you must first know your body type before you can be given the rights herbs and recipes. Also you should follow some daily routines, yoga, meditation, pranyama and go to bed at 10 and wake up before or around 6. Just changing your diet will not heal your body, you must follow proper daily activites if you are to stay healthy too.

Thanks, deGuru. Can you suggest me how to cook the fruits? I'm eating like 3-4 apples a day and sometimes bananas or seasonal fruits and its difficult to have them cooked every time.

Okey...this is what I'll try:

- liver flush

- cook the fruits

If you have any other advices, please post them. :)

Cook the fruits? Lol, that wont do a whole lot to your digestion I think.

Try to get some tests done on your bacteria balance. Are you often constipated? You might want to get tested to get to the bottom of your acne problem. It could be raging hormones, intolerance, digestion issues.

Cook the fruits? Lol, that wont do a whole lot to your digestion I think.

Yeah.. I was thinking the same but this guy suggests to cook them :)

Are you often constipated?

No.

Try to get some tests done on your bacteria balance.

I don't have enough money for tests.

i wouldnt worr about cooking fruits but apples sauteed in some butter or coconut oil with connamon is freakin amazingly delicious. try it out sometime.

You said high-fat low carb didn't work for you but in your signature you look to be eating pretty much low carb aside from the fruit. If you have insulin resistance diet will help but you may also need to change the composition of your body to see the biggest changes. When I began weight lifting 3 times a week and doing yoga I saw great improvements. With my diet changes I hit sort of a plateau, almost clear but not quite there yet. With the weight training i've broken through that plateau and continue to see improvements every day.

I've always found that the lower my body fat gets... the better my skin gets. At my lowest weight ever I had crystal clear skin. Body fat is known to contribute to insulin resistance and inflammation, especially visceral belly fat. Even liposuction reduces insulin resistance! Increasing your muscle mass will help speed up your metabolism, increase insulin sensitivity and reduce body fat. I highly recommend trying it (if you're not doing it already).

I'm not eating low carb and I don't like them. I'm eating like 4-5 apples a day, vegetables, walnuts or almonds. And these days I started to introduce whole grain bread, because I didn't saw difference when avoiding it.

I'm weightlifting since 2005 (actively since 2007).

About the fat: I don't have much...mainly muscle: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1...8123_224686.jpg

Today I bought my first bottle of peppermint oil. It's androgenic and reduces sebum. I'll share results lately.

pfff

ur skin look perfectly clear to me on the last picture

I am trying a gluten free diet now

maybe u should try it out too

But it isn't :(

The picture is just too blurred. Yeah.. I don't have severe acne and there a lot of people who can live with this skin. Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

I tried diet without any kind of grains ...but no significant results for my acne.

Despite that I'm considering to stop grains again - it seems like grains aggravate the tongue bacteria (candida?) because my tongue is very, very coated these days.