Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poppy6

SUPER CP SERUM

Hi

Im thinking about buying the Super CP Serum but when I read about it on the Skinbiology site it said that its best to spot treat! why is this? has anyone experienced any irritation? bad side effects?

I have been on the regular CP Serum for 5 mths now and think Im ready for the Super CP!

Your comments would be appreciated before I spend the money.

Thanks heaps!

When I used the Super CP Serum I used it all over with no problems. I did not have any irritation, but it seemed like the entire time I used copper peptides my scarring appeared more visible. I no longer use them. Good Luck though, many people have been happy with their results!

(Super COP...I only spot treated with this)

Hi,

I was going to get some needling done relatively soon. I want to maximize my results and wondering whether anyone had any extra copper products from skin bio to share. I live in the UK, and the prices they're asking for international shipping are really high -- plus it would probably reach me too late.

PM me -- I'd be happy to pay you through mail or Paypal.

Cheers,

Chrissy

p.s. my 3 TCA CROSSs have gone well. I'd say 50% improvement or so. I'm now planning on doing it at 6-8-week intervals.

I've seen several different suggestions for when to apply the copper serum after needling/laser/dermabrasion, including:

- 2 hours after the procedure (one place in the skin bio site)

- 2 days after the procedure (maybe 1-2 posters)

- after scabs have formed (various posters)

- after scars have come off or a week after (Denise2)

What's the best way to use copper products to improve wound healing?

I've heard that the Super CP serum is a post-treatment no-no because it contains light acids.

Thanks for all your comments! much appreciated, I think I will stick to the regular one as its hard to spot treat as I have orange peel effect and would like to treat a larger area!

I just recently graduated up to the super cp serum and I am using the super cop to spot treat, I haven't had a problem except a little itching after applying them but the emu oil takes care of it.

Prior, I was using the exfol serum every morning and the regualr cp serum at night and liked that as well.

I am about 18 days post TCA Cross and am having great results. I started the regular cp serum and emu oil about 4 days post treatment. I then started the super cp serum about 7-8 days post treatment and then added the super cop about 12 days post treatment. My results are really astonishing at this point. I have no idea if the skin biology products are a contributing factor but I am not stopping at this point as I tend to think they are related to the great results.

I have noticed where I have had a few days where my old scars are more visible but then they start to look better again. Overall I think these are great products and love what they have done for my skin. I have had no breakouts, my skin tone is much more even, my face is soft and smooth and the oil is better controlled. I do think several shallow scars have softened.

I had a very large scar from a cyst I had in Dec., since using the skin biology products this has shrunk and filled in by at least 50%, of course some of this may be natural healing but initially before apply the serums this was so deep I needed to use a q-tip to apply make-up into the hole. Now I can dab it on with a finger tip and it covers it. I think everyone responds differently to different products. I have not used alot of different products nor have I had any procedures done except the recent cross treatment.

If you want more info. or comments from skin biology you can go to the delphi forums at: http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?...B1-29BDDC351109

Hope this helps...

Tracy

Thanks, Tracy, for your results. I had one other question: is it true that you aren't supposed to use topical vitamin c and copper serum concurrently? And that retin-a and copper serum complement one another?

Whats the difference between super cop and super cp serum? it sounds like you are talking about 2 different products?

Hi Poopy6,

I believe the super cop has retinol, squalane, salicyclic acid and several soothing oils.

The super cp has a stronger solution of copper peptide then the regular version plus it has the salicyclic acid at a stronger concentration then their exfol serum. So basically the super cp has an added ingredient for exfoliation and acne prevention.

Skin biology has several products with retinol in them and they state the products compliment and work well with copper peptides. The same is true for retina.

You should not use the copper peptides and vitamin c together. You can if you space them 12 hours apart in application. I believe the cp inactivates the vitamin c.

I recently ordered the puredeming intense gel with vit. c and just plan to make sure its 12 hours apart from my cp application.

FYI: If you order $50 you get a free sample of your choice from skin biology. Thats how I got the super cop and the sample is VERY generous. I also ordered their sun block but haven't had a chance to try it yet has NY weather is still gloomy and snowy.

Good luck!

Tracy

Thanks Tracy820 for detailed advice, will be buying one of those products.

from poopy! hehe

the SUPER COP is stronger than the Super CP Serum. Someone said the opposite. I have been using the Super CP Serum for about 6 months with wonderful results. I use it all over and I have had no breakouts.