Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeisapro

sleep and acne?

Is there a connection? If you get very little sleep, will it affect your skin? Why? I googled this and found a load of stuff sayin how important it is for your skin to get a good amount of sleep, with no science behind it. I tested this and went a whole day without sleeping (yes, it was about 25-26 hrs without sleep) and my acne looked about the same. Maybe its because of the DKR, or maybe it will get worse I make a habit of poor sleep, but it seems to have had no negative effects on my skin(except my eyes have dark circles, but I have those ALL the time, inherited it from my mom) So is there really a connection?

Well, I'm thinking one day loss of sleep won't do much. Your body gets put into stress and overdrive for one day, it won't affect it your ADLs very much. However, if you consistently lose sleep for a few days, your body's going to be put through a wall. It needs sleep to relax and repair. For people with acne - people need sleep so that their body can fight off acne its own way.