Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky girl

Scars after Roaccutane

I finished my second course of Roaccutane 4.5 months ago. I am clear of pimples however I think that the scars that are left are more obvious now. Has anyone else found that their scars look worse after treatment?? My skin is kind of 'normal' now I think as it is not s dry as it was when on Roaccutane but not as oily as before Roaccutane. I'm not sure if I am just obsessing over my scars now as I am so used to obsessing over my bad skin, or if they really have become worse even though I have been clear now for a year. There is one indented scar on my chin that I hadn't even noticed before now and all I can do is notice it all of a sudden and I am becoming really self concious of it. Could it just have appeared like that?? Just want some feedback to see if this has happened to other people or is it just my imagination

I think your scars just look worse to you because you have no pimples to catch your eye instead. I'm like this as well. When I have one huge zit on my forehead, I don't even notice my red marks and indented scars. But as soon as that zit goes away, the scars are all I can see and then I feel like it looks worse without a zit there.

This happens to alot of people, the skin thins will on accutane and scars become more visable, they will slowly fill in again somewhat so try not to worry.

Oh OK, as long as I am not going crazy, I can deal with it. Will this bloody journey ever be over????? I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin!! I am, in every other area of my life, a pretty easygoing person and I am not overly vain naturally (I mean I would love to be able to feel confident enough not to wear makeup). I think I am self concious but not vain if you know what I mean. I am going to my derm in August (6 months after Roaccutane) for a check up and I want her to suggest doctors that I can go to discuss scar treatment. A beautician has suggested microdermabrasion and while this might be good for my skins texture I don't t hink it is what I need for the scarring. A bit sceptical of lasers too by what I've read and Punch excision sounds good but you are still left with a scar so not sure.................. Anyway, I just want to feel like people can talk to me andnot look at my chin!!!