Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeisapro

How BP works?

when you use BP you are more prone to sun exposure and redness correct? Does that mean if you apply BP only at night and only wash face and moisturize in the morning, will sun exposure be any worse than if no BP was applied?

Hi there. That's a good question. As I understand it, BP increases your sensitivity to the sun and risk of burn due to the dryness and peeling that ensues. I would still use a moisturizer sunscreen, even if you don't apply BP in the morning. It's always a good idea.

Hope this was helpful. :)

does bp thin out the skin? not sure where i have this idea from but i thought bp thinned the skin by exfoliating through so many layers making it permanently more susceptible to sun damage? i could be very wrong, please feel free to jump in and shoot me down people!

does bp thin out the skin? not sure where i have this idea from but i thought bp thinned the skin by exfoliating through so many layers making it permanently more susceptible to sun damage? i could be very wrong, please feel free to jump in and shoot me down people!

Not wrong, HB, BP does cause changes to the dermal layer, which can make the skin more susceptible to sun damage as long as you are on the regimen, so you do make an excellent point. But if you take breaks from the regimen periodically, your skin will eventually return to its pre-BP state, so no, the effects are not permanent. Of course, acnewise that can mean disaster!

In short, whether or not you apply BP that day, as long as you do the regimen regularly, sunscreen is a must.

HB, hope this helps answer your question! :)

thanks for sorting that out khrys, good to know

Hey no prob, you brought up a great point and I ended up learning something new, too. :)

Im going to morocco soon, which is gonna be very hot.. I'd just like to get something completely clear.. I SHOULD wear a sunscreen on the TOP of my DKR mousturizer? Or should I wear a sunscreen mousturizer instead of the DKR mousturizer?

Im going to morocco soon, which is gonna be very hot.. I'd just like to get something completely clear.. I SHOULD wear a sunscreen on the TOP of my DKR mousturizer? Or should I wear a sunscreen mousturizer instead of the DKR mousturizer?

Hi there. Moisturizer sunscreens may not offer you enough protection against the hot sun in Morrocco. They're typically SPF 15. I would recommend something with at least SPF 30. Copper-Tone Oil-Free and Banana Boat Sunblock are good choices, and I believe both are SPF 30. Both are also noncomedogenic, and you'd wear over the top of Dan's moisturizer. Not sure if either of these will go on completely clear, though, so you may want to try them out before your trip and see if they'll work for you.

For additional sun protection, wearing a wide brimmed hat or even just a sport cap wth a brim to help shade your face wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hope this was helpful. Have a great trip! :cool:

Hi there. Moisturizer sunscreens may not offer you enough protection against the hot sun in Morrocco. They're typically SPF 15. I would recommend something with at least SPF 30. Copper-Tone Oil-Free and Banana Boat Sunblock are good choices, and I believe both are SPF 30. Both are also noncomedogenic, and you'd wear over the top of Dan's moisturizer. Not sure if either of these will go on completely clear, though, so you may want to try them out before your trip and see if they'll work for you.

For additional sun protection, wearing a wide brimmed hat or even just a sport cap wth a brim to help shade your face wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hope this was helpful. Have a great trip! :cool:

Thanks. It surely was.. Now, I live in Europe and all those American products are not something I can get. Do you know any simple sunscreens which you would imagine I could get in Scandinavia? Nivea or something? also, should it be a cream or a spray?