Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah i don't think ANY of those stupid topical creams the derm. gives out helps. I dunno what it is about them but i think they're all the same and i think all they do is make your face red and dry there's no clearing, i sure didn't experience any.

That's exactly what I experienced, unfortunately. Good luck on Accutane everyone; hopefully I'll be able to start it soon!

I hope it does :pray: My skin was worse during school though, probably because of all the stress from finals and stuff :wall: And Retin-A didn't help at all -_-

Yeah i don't think ANY of those stupid topical creams the derm. gives out helps. I dunno what it is about them but i think they're all the same and i think all they do is make your face red and dry there's no clearing, i sure didn't experience any.

omg my face got SO red because of it :mad: My skin was peeling a lot, too. My mom got mad at the derm for prescribing me that, so we stopped going to him and went to my aunt and she got me on Accutane =]

omg my face got SO red because of it :mad: My skin was peeling a lot, too. My mom got mad at the derm for prescribing me that, so we stopped going to him and went to my aunt and she got me on Accutane =]

Most of the time i think the derms. just give us that shit so they can get us out of there and say they tried to help. I really don't think they accually care, this last derm. i was sent to is kind of an asshole but he prescribed me accutane to thats all i need :)

Most of the time i think the derms. just give us that shit so they can get us out of there and say they tried to help. I really don't think they accually care, this last derm. i was sent to is kind of an asshole but he prescribed me accutane to thats all i need :)

My mom was saying how they just give you stuff that doesn't work so you keep coming back and they get money from the visits lol Having a family member who's a derm (or any type of doctor) is good haha Since she really cares about my skin and stuff :) (and not having to pay for office visits and reduced blood test prices ain't too bad either ;D )

Hopefully Accutane works for us! :D

My mom was saying how they just give you stuff that doesn't work so you keep coming back and they get money from the visits lol Having a family member who's a derm (or any type of doctor) is good haha Since she really cares about my skin and stuff :) (and not having to pay for office visits and reduced blood test prices ain't too bad either ;D )

Oh yeah, pray to god it does ! :) I'm sure you'll have good results.

Oh yeah, pray to god it does ! :) I'm sure you'll have good results.

I'll pray for the both of us! ;)

Day 5:

My face feels better today, not really itchy anymore. Still broken out but i think it might be starting to heal, knock on wood don't wanna jinx myself, not really much new to report. I hope it starts drying out more soon. My nose doesn't feel as oily as it usually does.

Day 6:

I'm feeling good about my face today, not itchy anymore so thats good. I think some of the breakouts i've had are starting to subside, knock on wood i really don't wanna jinx myself, no drying yet, but my lips are becoming chapped. Not much new to report, everything is about the same.

Day 7: One Week Already ! :)

One week finally.. its going by so slow ! Nothing new about my face, same as yesterday. I'm getting really impatient i wanna see drastic results NOW ! lol, i'm not a patient persion.. :|

I think my face is starting to dry out but nothing thats like out of control. My lips are really feeling the side effects though they are getting very chapped and my mouth feels VERY dry no matter how much water i drink. Other then that i'm feeling great, no huge side effects :)

Day 8:

My face is becoming more dry, and some of the acne on my jaw and around my mouth are really drying out.. they're like flaking off lol. My lips are pretty badly chapped to the point where they feel numb. I had my first nose bleed this morning when i got out of the shower. I've gotten a few new actives, nothing i haven't seen before though. I hope i don't get another IB though i really couldn't handle that it was so uncomfortable. So at the moment its nothing i can't deal with i just hope it doesn't get worse again. I'll probably post new pictures at the two week mark.

Day 11:

Not much has really changed with my face, it isn't excessively dry but it is less oily. Still have a few breakouts but nothing horrible. Nothing has really changed dramatically so i probably won't update everyday seeing as how not much changes on a day to day basis.

Day 15:

Passed the two week mark, whoo. Two more weeks and it will be a month, can't wait. I haven't seen much difference in my face except that it is a lot less oily. Its not really dry, i only moisturize it like once a day sometimes not even that if i'm not putting makeup on. My lips on the other hand are SO DRY ! its really annoying i'm applying chapstick every ten minutes. My forehead has about 6 actives and my right side i believe has about four. My jawline have about three in total and my left side is the best side so far. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow its dark right now and i wanna take them in the same lighting so the progress is constant. I've been having hot flashes one second i'm cool and the next i'm just burning up i believe this is from the tane, i'm also having a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. I've been getting some stomach aches too usually in the middle of the night where i feel like i have to throw up. But all of these are doable and they're only every once in a while. Other then these few things i feel great :)

Be patient belle. I'm almost at the two month mark with 30mg of accutane and there still hasn't been a huge improvement yet but i'm just telling myself to be patient cause i know i'm getting there!

I am impatient only on very select things. Acne isn't one of them because I know that after accutane i've lost the battle. I have nothing to use after it... I will be at a dead end with acne blocking the only way out :-\ I want to stay on accutane as long as possible and hope it cures it. I'm not impaitent waiting for the end of this accutane course but i am impatient about wanting clear skin after like 5 years of progressively bad skin.

I believe accutane will cure me though, i've never been a lucky person so even with a 90% success rate i will be one of the 10% no doubt... I don't have cystic acne though, atleast i don't think i do... (look at the My Log thread for pictures of me).

Anyways - i wish you the best belle, do you have anything else to use after accutane should it not work?

Be patient belle. I'm almost at the two month mark with 30mg of accutane and there still hasn't been a huge improvement yet but i'm just telling myself to be patient cause i know i'm getting there!

Thanks, i know i have to be patient and i'm trying to be. I've heard that it really starts working during the third month so i'm stickin it out haha :) best of luck to you !

I am impatient only on very select things. Acne isn't one of them because I know that after accutane i've lost the battle. I have nothing to use after it... I will be at a dead end with acne blocking the only way out :-\ I want to stay on accutane as long as possible and hope it cures it. I'm not impaitent waiting for the end of this accutane course but i am impatient about wanting clear skin after like 5 years of progressively bad skin.

I believe accutane will cure me though, i've never been a lucky person so even with a 90% success rate i will be one of the 10% no doubt... I don't have cystic acne though, atleast i don't think i do... (look at the My Log thread for pictures of me).

Anyways - i wish you the best belle, do you have anything else to use after accutane should it not work?

I have the exact same mindset as you do. EVERYTHING i've tried for acne hasn't helped me so i'm so use to getting let down that i've just started to believe that i have horrible luck and nothing will cure me and that i'll fall in that ten percent range as well, but the way i look at it is this.. EVERYONE on accutane has been let down numerous times by other acne treatments so i'm sure they believe it won't work for them either but look at all of the success stories, they were cured. Just something i tell myself to keep my hopes high, so keep that in mind.

And no, i have nothing to try if this fails. I've tried everything, but if this does fail.. pray it doesn't, then i will probably go back on an all natural diet and expensive vitamins because that is the ONLY thing that has worked the best. It never cured it i still broke out but it was more controlled i'd say.

Day 30:

Yesterday was the one month mark, exciting ! I have to wait four days though to get my new prescription. So overall the first month not a huge drastic change. It was starting to get better towards the end of the month but just like every month i break out a little before my period and i just so happened to get at least five cysts on my jaw line. Other than that my face was clearing. I know i haven't put pictures up i haven't been able to find my camera. Anywho my lips are SO CHAPPED ! Carmex has worked wonders for me though they're back to normal within five minutes of putting the carmex on. My lower back is starting to feel the side affects of accutane, its so soar when i lay down. Um i've gotten patches of excema or however its spelled all over my body, its not too horrid though. Mostly just on my legs. My face is no longer oily and i don't have to wash my face first thing when i get up anymore lol. So thats whats up with my face lol, i'll probably post at the two month mark, i don't like posting every week makes it go by slower. Bye.