Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marta6pence

MAC cover up choices

I have used the MAC 'Select Cover Up'in the little tube for years. I'm fair skinned and can be blotchy. As we know, pimples can be of varying shades or hues so I get the cover up in 2 shades. For me I use the NC30/NC20. I have the potted coverup as well, same brand. It's awfully thick. Liquid is better. I apply with small eyeshadow brush, painting it on after mixing small drops of each. After painting over blemish I take a q-tip (the cheap kind work better, less cotton to stick to face) and rapidly, lightly, disburse the make-up over whole blemish and fade-out the edges so it looks blended. I can really alter the color to match what my face happens to be doing that day. To set I use MAC Blot Powder or if budgeting, Neutrogena /SkinClearing Oil Free Powder from Walgreens. I've been doing this for years, it works for me. It's almost impossible for me to get a good coverage out of just one color of cover-up, I've got to be able to blend it. But that's just me.

Marta

I love the select cover-up and blot powder! But i agree the potted concealer is abit too thick but gives really good opaque full coverage...but i prefer the liquid as well. Glad you found something that works!