Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caliko

The Regimen Graduation (come in and read)

I've been wondering for a while, how many of you have actually graduated from the regimen? It seems like everytime I read about someone getting off the regimen returns a couple weeks after due to new breakouts. I don't think anyone wants to continue the regimen 15 years from now but i've never read about a person who's quit without full blown acne returning.

So, what's the success rate of people quitting the regimen and staying clear afterward??

Thaks for your attention.

I hear ya, but like everyone says, the regime is not a cure, but is a measure to keep acne in check.

Bottomline: If you are genetically predisposed to have acne all your life, then guess what, you will need to use the regime all your life.

I hate it, but as they say - sad but true.

I was on the regimen over 8 months it helped but didn't fully clear me.. I stopped the regimen and all i use now is a saylcic acid exfoliant wash twice a day and I stay clear. Benzoyl peroxide sucks i saved so much money and time now.i reccomend stopping the regimen now.

i was a regimen user until i started accutane

accutane (isotretinoin) gives long-term remission of acne

in other words, your skin will most likely to return to normal without acne-prone skin after finishing accutane course

for more info, visit the accutane forum in this messageboard

I hear ya, but like everyone says, the regime is not a cure, but is a measure to keep acne in check.

Bottomline: If you are genetically predisposed to have acne all your life, then guess what, you will need to use the regime all your life.

Yes. I've read your thread on this. But I was wondering if anyone has had success quiting without having to get on accutane or another regimen. If Dans regimen is only temporary then what's the point long term wise??

BTW, I AM thankful of Dan and his work I'm just curious to see if anyone has stopped using the regimen and has stayed clear afterward without additional procedures (Nutrogena, accutane, minicycline etc.)

Yes. I've read your thread on this. But I was wondering if anyone has had success quiting without having to get on accutane or another regimen. If Dans regimen is only temporary then what's the point long term wise??

The point is preventing and/or minimizing break-outs, and that is pretty much with any regimen you decide to do, with the possible exception of Accutane, should you be one of the fortunate ones who responds well to it. Any other regimen you do, whether it's DKR, nutritional changes, a certain cleanser and topical, supplementation, antibiotics, avoiding certain chemicals, etc, is going to have to be done on a long-term basis for most people. It is better than full-fledged break-outs all of the time, though.

Acne is a chronic condition with no real cure, like diabetes is. Taking insulin does not cure diabetes, but if many diabetics don't take insulin to keep there blood sugars in check, they can experience a multitude of health problems, and even lapse into comas and die. While acne is not this serious, if many acne sufferers did absolutely nothing, they may continue to have bad break-outs that are damaging to self-esteem, social relationships, and what have you. Anything you can do to minimize or prevent those break-outs is better than nothing, IMO. Of course, you can try the "do nothing" route for a while and see what that does for you. You might be on of the lucky few who actually responds to that course of action.

The point is preventing and/or minimizing break-outs, and that is pretty much with any regimen you decide to do, with the possible exception of Accutane, should you be one of the fortunate ones who responds well to it. Any other regimen you do, whether it's DKR, nutritional changes, a certain cleanser and topical, supplementation, antibiotics, avoiding certain chemicals, etc, is going to have to be done on a long-term basis for most people. It is better than full-fledged break-outs all of the time, though.

Acne is a chronic condition with no real cure, like diabetes is. Taking insulin does not cure diabetes, but if many diabetics don't take insulin to keep there blood sugars in check, they can experience a multitude of health problems, and even lapse into comas and die. While acne is not this serious, if many acne sufferers did absolutely nothing, they may continue to have bad break-outs that are damaging to self-esteem, social relationships, and what have you. Anything you can do to minimize or prevent those break-outs is better than nothing, IMO. Of course, you can try the "do nothing" route for a while and see what that does for you. You might be on of the lucky few who actually responds to that course of action.

:boohoo: Thanks a lot for your education. :clap:

don't pull the gene card. we are all predisposed to certain conditions and diseases , but that does not mean it predetermines the events in our life and ties you down to dealing with acne forever. Our lifestyles trigger our bodies to respond accordingly, and bad habits activate so called bad genes. acne is a sign of health and a red flag that something is not working right.