Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dave21

anyone ever done a 12.5% tca peel?

For a guy who was so adamant about doing an at-home 25% peel, you seem abnormally concerned with pain all of a sudden.

how much will it sting cman? will it come off in sheets? and will my face go all red?

should i take a cream with zinc,vit e,and vit c?

The more you apply, the more it will sting and the redder your face will be. So I recommend that you use a single light coat the first time. The stinging is a delayed reaction; you won't feel it for a minute or two. And DO NOT peel the skin off before it is ready to come off. If you do, you may scar yourself. If you don't think you have the patience to wait for it to come off, you should think twice about starting the procedure. I wish you well.

is there a moisteriser with vitamins in that i can use to lesson the scars? im worried that i will get a huge scar because ive had this inflamed red cyst and i can see a shallow grave underneath it.

I applied 3 layers (a few hours in between each layer) of the TCA Complex yesterday. That's about equivalent to 15% TCA peel.

It stung very badly for 10 minutes for each layer. Face gets red/sunburnt looking. Today (day 2) I still look sunburnt and I expect to get really bad peeling around Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

Zinc is good for wound healing and Vit C boosts collagen.

I applied 3 layers (a few hours in between each layer) of the TCA Complex yesterday. That's about equivalent to 15% TCA peel.

It stung very badly for 10 minutes for each layer. Face gets red/sunburnt looking. Today (day 2) I still look sunburnt and I expect to get really bad peeling around Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

Zinc is good for wound healing and Vit C boosts collagen.

www.perfectcomplexion.net

This is the one I'm using. Do you guys and gals happen to know of a good sunscreen that doesnt leave a oily/shiny look??

thanks smile.gif

-dookie

Bethany - that is way too strong for a peel. Always start at a low strength. I am on day 3 of 3 swipes of the TCA complex (same link as dookie gve you) ... my face looks shrivelled and wrinkled... it is getting ready to peel. Any more than this, it would be gross.

Thanks for that site dookie...I was looking on ebay and found this.  It's 50 % strength.  I'll see if i can add the link.