Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm new here, I've been lurking for quite some time. The only way I wan't to beat acne is holistically, I don't want to waste time and money on skin care products that end up making things worse then better. Anyways my question is that my allergies have been acting up alot, I am allergic to pollen, so is there any chance I will get clear? It's not a food allergy, so will that differ any? Also is it worth it to take a allergy medication or will that make things worse acne wise. By the way I always get allergies around this time of year. Thanks for your time.

Seasonal allergies aren't related to acne in that way... I have allergies at this time of year, too, but my skin right now is nearly clear (thanks to holistic methods).

There's two types of allergic responses. There's IGe mediated responses which causes the symptoms most people recognize as allergies, including doctors apparently. And there's IGg mediated responses which cause things like fatigue, headaches, acne, etc. Those are what's hard to get tested for. I'm looking for someone that does that now.

There's two types of allergic responses. There's IGe mediated responses which causes the symptoms most people recognize as allergies, including doctors apparently. And there's IGg mediated responses which cause things like fatigue, headaches, acne, etc. Those are what's hard to get tested for. I'm looking for someone that does that now.

I treated my hay fever by megadosing vitamin C. They were extremely bad for about 4 weeks through May. In past years they seem to go away on their own later in the summer so I decided to test and I haven't had any vitamin C for about three days. This morning I could feel the onset of allergy symptoms such as itchy nose/eyes and slight sneezing, but as soon as I took 2g of C they went away.

YMMV, but vitamin C is cheap enough to give it a try if you haven't already. It is a million times better than having to take antihistamines and having to deal with those side effects.