Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hiding in the front

Fraxel Repair CO2 on my scars today.....

so I am 4 hours out of having my fraxel repair co2 on my full face. Heres how it went.

showed up 900 in the morning. they put me in a room and wiped some numbing cream on. then they shot me in the ass with something that was supposed to knock me out however it did not. I woke up when the doc had started the procedure and let me tell you holy smell of burning flesh and pain.

it was painful. so i asked for a nerve block. he shot me in the face with a nerve agent a few times here and there then we waited ten minutes and started again. he made 4 passes on my whole face.

I just got home and my face is very swollen covered in dry blood and I have only yet to look in the mirror from a far and do not plan on examining up close until the swelling and blood goes away.

its too early to tell anything except I can expect crusting and oozing and all that good stuff.

before this procedure I have very shallow acne scarring some rolling and one boxcar. My scarring was not that bad and was mostly surface damage. anyways i plan to keep a log of how it helps me that way anyone considering can decide for themselves.

my skin tone is fair I am a white male. hair blonde dont know if that matters for skin but neways.

day 1 - bleeding, red, starting to scab, little discomfort.

treating with vinegar soaks and aquaphor and antibiotics.

day 2-???

wait, so what did you use on your scarring??/

fraxel or CO2...cuz my doc just told me about both of them and the CO2 is friggin expensive..he quoted me $5000 for the whole process.....

isn't the co2 basically remove all your skin and let the collagen come back out...thats what doc said

wait, so what did you use on your scarring??/

fraxel or CO2...cuz my doc just told me about both of them and the CO2 is friggin expensive..he quoted me $5000 for the whole process.....

isn't the co2 basically remove all your skin and let the collagen come back out...thats what doc said

fraxel has a new ablative fractional CO2 laser. It is brand new this year and supposedly the best thing out for scars. The old CO2 is dangerous and is very prone to pigment loss and other things like the lines being obvious and the face not matching the neck.

but yeah its called fraxel re-pair ( not re-store)

ahh that sounds scary. i've been looking for somebody who got the fraxel co2 done because i have mine on july 9th.

i'm not sure if they're going to do my whole face or just my cheeks. my scars are the worst on my cheeks.

they only gave me a jar of numbing cream to use before coming, but they didn't say anything about knocking me out. ahh.

please please keep us updated.

thanks. :wub:

ok so its day 2 and I am still very swollen and still very much covered in dry blood from yesterday. have been icing all morning along with vinegar soaks to clean. this feels great and makes me stop itching. I also have been taking keflex once the day before surgery and one day after. valtrex twice a day for like 3 days before and 2 after. I have been taking benedryl for the itching.

I still have yet to examine up close because I know i'm swollen and if i was to see any scarring with swelling then it will definetly be there when im not swollen and in my drugged up and bloody state I can't handle dissappointment. but I did walk by the worst mirror in the house today and made a quick glance and where I usually have very light scarring on my right side of chin is nothing so we will see when swelling goes down.

Day1-bloody,swollen,mess-

treatment-keflex,valtrex,benedryl,icepacks,vinegar soaks, aquaphor

Day2-dried up blood, still very swollen, starting mild itchiness

treatment-keflex , valtrex, benedryl, ice packs, vinegar soaks, heaps of aquaphor

Day3-??????

Thank you for documenting your journey.

Was the nerve block painful?

Did you leave the clinic bloody or did it start to ooze after a few hours?

Are you taking valtrex because you have a viral infection or is it standard?

Is it painful now or just bad to look at?

Did you have any laser prior to this and how does it compare?

I have a feeling you will get really good results if yours scars are minor. Fingers crossed!

Continue detailing your progress please!

Thank you for documenting your journey.

Was the nerve block painful?

Did you leave the clinic bloody or did it start to ooze after a few hours?

Are you taking valtrex because you have a viral infection or is it standard?

Is it painful now or just bad to look at?

Did you have any laser prior to this and how does it compare?

I have a feeling you will get really good results if yours scars are minor. Fingers crossed!

Continue detailing your progress please!

the nerve block was painful because they did it all over my face a bunch of shots in very sensitive places...

I left the clinic bloody like one hour after they finished....They made me lay down and ice down for an hour....

I'm taking valtrex because the doc said it stops fever blisters and stuff from forming....

not painful at all now just bad to look at... i would say you must deal with at least hour and a half of pain....25-30 getting lasered. hour of burning sensation.

I had like 4 or 5 I cant remember how many but it was v-beam smoothbeam or something. that felt like a rubberband being popped on my face.....

repair felt like glass being scraped across my face...hot glass..and i could smell it.....but I didn't have many meds because I had to drive after. most people get a ride and they get all drugged up and dont feel a thing.

I wish I could post some pics but I am in the process of moving and all my stuff is boxed up and I dont know where my camera is. It sucks but I am moving to a new city, buying a new house, hopefully with a new face.

the treatment is costing me 3200 dollars. and if i want a second it is 1600. the treatment is in NC.

Hope I got all your questions will post again.

I woke up today and was itching like crazy. I had to get some gauze and soak them in vinegar and water and wet my face. took some benedryl and am gonna ice face down again. dried blood is going away with every soak I do. still very swollen. no discomfort just itching. I looked at my scars but there is too much swelling they are not even there at the moment so i will have to see when the swelling goes down.

day 3 itchy, still some dry blood......swollen

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. A lot of people have been waiting to see this thing in action....

I'm crossing my fingers for ya

not a problem I know that some people here had this treatment then stopped posting, I always had hoped it was because they did not need the org anymore and were satisfied enough with the treatment......

we will see.....

Guest sunshine562

I have received 5 Fraxel treatments and I was never given medication to knock me out! The treatments ARE painful, and since the pain during treatments #1,#2,and #3 made me so tense and dizzy, the dermatologist numbed several areas of my face for #4 and #5 treatments; this definitely helped! The biggest problem I experienced with Fraxel was an allergic reaction after the treatments. My face itched so badly, that it felt like ants were crawling under my skin; I scratched parts of my face raw while sleeping. Therefore, for #4 and #5 Fraxel treatments, the doctor put me on a steroid (Medrol), coupled with Benadryl around the clock. This helped when I started both meds the day before! He prescribed Biafine topical emulsion for my face and Aquaphor only for "problem areas" and not my entire face since it can clog the pores. My face develops areas of brown scabs, but I don't bleed, and I have no "oozing" unless I've scratched my skin raw. My #5 treatment was this last Tuesday, and I'm staying indoors for at least 5 days so that I don't get comments like, "Wow! You're sure sunburned! Are you OK?"

I have received 5 Fraxel treatments and I was never given medication to knock me out! The treatments ARE painful, and since the pain during treatments #1,#2,and #3 made me so tense and dizzy, the dermatologist numbed several areas of my face for #4 and #5 treatments; this definitely helped! The biggest problem I experienced with Fraxel was an allergic reaction after the treatments. My face itched so badly, that it felt like ants were crawling under my skin; I scratched parts of my face raw while sleeping. Therefore, for #4 and #5 Fraxel treatments, the doctor put me on a steroid (Medrol), coupled with Benadryl around the clock. This helped when I started both meds the day before! He prescribed Biafine topical emulsion for my face and Aquaphor only for "problem areas" and not my entire face since it can clog the pores. My face develops areas of brown scabs, but I don't bleed, and I have no "oozing" unless I've scratched my skin raw. My #5 treatment was this last Tuesday, and I'm staying indoors for at least 5 days so that I don't get comments like, "Wow! You're sure sunburned! Are you OK?"

you are talking about fraxel re:store which is a non ablative laser.

I had the fraxel repair which is ablative. It is a version of a CO2 and it burns the skin tissue off. There is no way you could of had five fraxel repairs.

you have t wait six months between procedures and generally it is a one time procedure...not to mention it only just came out this year.

having trouble sleeping cuz my face is so itchy. the vinegar water helps for a few minutes but it comes right back......

i hate aquaphor it is making me breakout and my face feels like a big goop mess...swollen dried blood a breakout on my chin and no shower for 3 days......my hair is gross....i feel disgusting i just want to jump in the shower and scrub everything off......blah

anyways my scars are still invisible but i am still swollen so I wont count my blessings yet.....

this process is a little rough but overall its not that bad....its def worth it if it improves my scarring....

so its day 4 and i am excited to finally take a shower soon. I am really tired of sitting around doing nothing....the days are just starting to melt into one another...not that much dried blood left still a little swollen...scars are invisible no matter what light I go into or at what angle.....for now we will see when swelling goes away....my red marks are gone though so that is good.....I am so tired of slopping aquaphor on my face yuk....i order a gentle cleanser and moisturizer and had it overnighted to me because I realized all I had was medicated...anyways Im blabbering...only a few more days and I should be able to shower and wash my face and hopefully go out of the house but we will see for now I am still bored watching every movie known to man and finding stupid things to do around my house..........I find myself digging through old boxes and drawers looking at old shit and reading old letters and stupid pictures from high school which seems like yesterday but in fact it was seven years ago since I graduated....anyways as you can tell im super bored ..........

good luck with your progress. going for my 2nd fraxel restore on thursday

thanks have you looked into doing it in one treatment with the repair......might work out cheaper in the long run...

Hey dude. Thanks so much for posting your experience... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep posting with your progress... it would mean a lot to everyone who's interested It'd be *great* if you could post some pics, even if you blot out your eyes and features etc too. All the best.

thanks have you looked into doing it in one treatment with the repair......might work out cheaper in the long run...

problem is that im taking summer school so i sorta cant take time off for the repair. ill have done 3 treatments by the end of the summer. my scarring really isnt bad, its mostly just skin tone and hyperpigmentation that i want to improve. i guess if i havent seen any improvement after the 3rd treatment, ill start looking into the repair over the winter holiday.

problem is that im taking summer school so i sorta cant take time off for the repair. ill have done 3 treatments by the end of the summer. my scarring really isnt bad, its mostly just skin tone and hyperpigmentation that i want to improve. i guess if i havent seen any improvement after the 3rd treatment, ill start looking into the repair over the winter holiday.

well good luck with that.

and to robot ninja man i will keep posting my progress, about the pics I am working on it but I am moving out and my house is like a maze of boxes....and even if i knew where the camera was It is a piece that my friend left with no cords for the computer so I dont know I will try a camera phone but I don't know if it will get the results. anyways I will be brutally honest in describing my results...

Day5 I think it is: today i woke up and i dont feel all swollen. My dried blood is just in places that are sensitive to rub it off like around the eyes and stuff but that I will get off today. I am going to take a shower this morning and avoid the face. There are other areas with much needed hygiene time. Today is a good day because I will stop a very disgusting ritual and switch to a nice and pleasant one. I know longer need the aquaphor...yuk.....and I am switching to a soothing moisturizer for sensitive skin....I cant wait. Also tomorrow I am going to start using a cleanser on my face. My doc said use gentle one so I bought cetaphil gentle cleanser. I also bought aveeno calming foam cleanser per a friend who had repair advice. I am still taking valtrex twice a day which I recently learned is herpe medicine.

you know the guy and the lady kayaking and climbing mountains and he says " I have herpes, and she says and I don't " once daily valtrex keeps it that way........yadda yadda yadda.

This was good information to learn as it sums up why the woman at the pharmacist gave me a nasty look while filling my prescription. But the doc says it stops fever blisters and things so I will take it. what the fuck ever at least I feel like I am fighting off herpes if anything....random one night stand I am fully prepared......

anyways by examining my scars this morning after the swelling has gone down. I can see a few. but its weird because up close they are gone but when I back up you can barely see where they were. But the cool thing is I don't catch any weird angles of light and stuff. My tone is much better and my scarring right now is at 80-90%. I think if I did another in the future I would be 100%.

Over the past 5 days without shaving I have grown a nice thick five a aclock shadow on my face and I think i'll keep the adopted trimmed scruff look......it fits for now........well im off to shower now sorry this post was so long and pointless but oh well i have nothing else better to do but pack and shop online for shit i dont need...............

bye.

so I need some advice.....Since my face has looked like I got hit by a speeding bread truck i have been eating stupid things I normally would not because well basically I don't care. i have not broken out well not really I have lot of whiteheads but they are from the repair....they are not pimples they are weird like my skin oozing but once they pop themselves they are gone they have no body to them. neways I want to order a pizza........I have been off all bad nasty food for four months.......I think I deserve a large pizza covered in buffalo sauce and ranch ummmmmmm.....what do you think......

great updates!

So, at day 5, are you presentable to go outside?

you mean for 5 days you are not suppose to rinse your face even with water?

when do you see the doc ? and be careful of the sun, apply a strong sunblock

wish you can post progression pics

thanks!

oh yeah, and eat the pizza!