Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What masks have you used and what were your results?

I read that the Queen Helen Mint julep mask is good but I don't want to risk anything.

Store-bought or homemade :)

I've used two:

Proactiv Refining Mask (didn't do anything for me)

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (it has 3.5% BP in it, and it's slightly better than the Proactiv mask)

I've used two:

Proactiv Refining Mask (didn't do anything for me)

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (it has 3.5% BP in it, and it's slightly better than the Proactiv mask)

aspirin and honey is awsome for me.

i was just about to reply with the aspirin and honey mask.

click here for step by step directions ---

http://www.xanga.com/RiceBunny/567728185/a...tiful-skin.html

this mask has really helped my acne, and is so cheap too!! I also use the burts bees pore refining mask with green clay. i have oily skin and this helps a lot. go to www.makeupalley.com to read reviews on masks!

My favorites are the egg white and lemon one and milk of magnesia (just apply it on) since I use it as a mask. The egg whites and lemon gave me soft skin, refreshed, tighter pores but left my face a bit dry sometimes. The MoM sucks the oil out of my pores and it stays that way for a couple of hours but my nose will still be oily.

Mine is from on line and Ive used it for almost four months. Its called SkinCeuticals Clay Masque. It has AHA in it and I LOVE IT!

Oh goodness, I've tried just about every homemade mask under the sun. :) Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I do alternate between many homemade masks.

The ones that have made the most visible improvements are as follows:

-Egg white: GOD-SEND for redmarks! They diminished within a few days of using this mask. My pores are tightened, and my skin is much more even-toned.

-Egg yolk and honey: Another wonderful mask for redmarks. It's very moisturizing as well! My face can get awfully dry as a result of my birth control, and this mask replenishes much-needed moisture to my skin. My skin is left smooth to the touch.

-Aspirin and honey: The only mask that I've used consistently on a regular basis for the past few years. It's amazing for exfoliation, and that's just what I need for my clogged comedones! :dance:

As far as store-bought masks go, the only one I've tried is the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. I may be in the minority, but I saw no visible improvements while using this mask. It's just a basic sulfur and kaolin mask. It actually made my skin flare up pretty badly.

Definitely try out some of those homemade masks; I've found that just smearing on egg whites for half an hour is very effective for overall skin tone improvement. My suggestion: green tea. I've found that it's really good for overall redness in addition to red marks and stuff... (I usually use the ground-up leaves from inside the teabag.)

Oh, and the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask is only like $3.50 for a big tube - so unless you have really sensitive skin or something, you probably wouldn't be risking too much :)

Good luck!

What masks have you used and what were your results?

I read that the Queen Helen Mint julep mask is good but I don't want to risk anything.

Store-bought or homemade :)

I've had very good experiences with that mask. It didn't make my face break out, it helps clean out the pores really, really well.

I also use the mint julep exfoliator.

It's definitely worth trying.

The main issue is that the mask doesn't wash off that well. Like, if you wiped your face with a paper towel afterwards, you will see some green marks. So if you do try it, you might want to use a facial wash afterwards.

I liked the egg white mask!

My skin was so tight afterwards and kind of helped redmarks [very slightly] but then the other day my face got burnt so i can't see the status of my redmarks just yet.

I want to try the egg yolk and honey next week but what is the quantity of honey i should add? and should i whisk the yolk? I did with the egg whites because i was looking at other posts and they said it should be frothy

but any good green tea masks?

ASPIRIN MASK FOR SURE... even if it doesnt work... (has worked 5 star for about 84% of the ppl on this website) it makes u feel cleaner...trust me ull understand.

I liked the egg white mask!

My skin was so tight afterwards and kind of helped redmarks [very slightly] but then the other day my face got burnt so i can't see the status of my redmarks just yet.

I want to try the egg yolk and honey next week but what is the quantity of honey i should add? and should i whisk the yolk? I did with the egg whites because i was looking at other posts and they said it should be frothy

but any good green tea masks?

I'm glad you liked the egg white mask! :D I know, it does make your skin very tight. But it completely refines your pores. And after you use it a few times, you'll definitely notice your red marks fading. I love it. :wub:

For the egg yolk mask, it isn't necessary to whisk the yolk. Just make sure it breaks apart and is nice and creamy. I usually don't mix the honey and yolk together because that can be very messy. I usually spread a thin layer (a little under a tablespoon) of honey all over my face, and then i use a cotton pad to spread the yolk on top.

As far as green tea masks, I haven't heard of such a thing. I have had some good experience with a green tea toner, though. :) I use witch hazel now, but I used to use a green tea toner all the time. You can just rub the tea all over your face with a cotton pad, or you can mix the tea with some dissolved aspirin to make a nice refreshing and exfoliating toner. It's lovely! But just as a warning, the tea can sort of discolor your face if you use too much. :lol:

I am all about the aspirin/honey mask. It calms my skin and keeps inflammation down.

Sonya Z: Buy some uncoated aspirin (cheap cheap kind, like Longs/Targe/Walmart/Walgreens brand. Then put some water in it (a couple drops at a time) and let them dissolve (takes about 30 seconds). You'll get a gritty paste and you just gently spread it onto your skin. Once it sits for between 10-30 minutes, gently wipe it off of EXTRA gently exfoliate then wipe it off. The gentleness is important because it will tear your skin up if you're firm with it. I add a squirt of honey to mine and it keeps the mask from grumbling and going up my nose. Plus, honey is also good for your skin. ^.^

I've also been using Clean & Clear Soft in shower facial mask for a couple weeks and I really like it. There's menthol in it so sensitive people beware, but it hasn't irritated my skin. It feels really soft and smooth afterward.

the aspirin honey mask is awesome because it is also exfoliating

my favs so far are the egg white mask and the aspirin honey mask =]

has anybody steamed before a mask and seen improvement?

Sweet! I love mask and thank you for responding I think im going to try the Aspirin and Honey mask ;)

Aspirin/honey Mask is like the top rated Home Remedy on this site. look up Treatment Reviews...then Home Remedies

i get a small paper plate (ton left over from parties). Then I put about 6 Uncoated(acutally micro lightly coated) aspirins on the plate. I put about 1 to 2 drops of warm water on each aspirin. I let it sit for like 30 seconds and then they dissolved a bit and i crush the aspirins with my fingers until i get a crumbly past. I add a LITTLE more warm water to make it a little pastier. Then i add two squirts of honey on top of the apsirin and mix it together with my fingers.. i then apply it all over my face and let it sit for bout 25 minutes sometimes like an hour. Wash off with warm water and pat dry. I put on my acne solution after that but thats beside the mask.

i do this almost every night

really smooths face, reduces inflamation greatley, reduces redness greatly, smells great, evens tone, cleans face, gets rid of at least 2 pimples everytime u use it. SO SMOOTH..

COMPLETLEY prevents breakouts from forming for most.