Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

Need to take herbs for my stomach, but they contain gelatine?

Hey. Got a quick question.

I need to take some pills containing nothing but some herbs for my stomach, since I still suffer from constipation/bad digestion. I can get tests done in some days.

None of my supplements contains gelatine, but this one does. I never consume gelatine, sodium or anything in any of my products. Do you think these capsules will hurt me in any way? I really want to be free from all that MSG shit.

Could I cut the capsule in halves, and put the herbs in something else?

you could try using different supplements, Try taking triphala its very good for the digestive system, plus its natural.

Nah, I know this stuff works and the only ingredient im concerned about is gelatine. Could I open the capsule and consume it in water even though it tastes like shit?

Nah, I know this stuff works and the only ingredient im concerned about is gelatine. Could I open the capsule and consume it in water even though it tastes like shit?

Yes, this is your best bet. I do it all the time. Or dump the contents onto your tongue and drink it down really fast with a big sip of water

Yes, this is your best bet. I do it all the time. Or dump the contents onto your tongue and drink it down really fast with a big sip of water

Thanks, ill do that. No way im consuming gelatine :cool:

Is gelatine, the same as gelatin, in like vitamins?

If so, I have been taking them ALOT...THIS IS PROBABLY WHY I STILL get break outs?

Please tell me guys?

What is gelatine?

and how does it relate to MSG?

I've always thought that gelatin was a pretty beneficial substance, for the digestive system and skin. *shrugs*

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with real gelatin. Its been used for thousands of years. If you've ever made bone broth you know that when you refrigerate it it turns into a gelatinous mass due to the naturally occurring gelatin in the cartilage and bone. Broth was often used by the poor who could only afford small amounts meat because gelatin allows your body to get more nutrition out of the meat. One of the main reasons bone broth is so helpful for upsets stomachs and colds is because of the gelatin.

I dont know much about where manufactured gelatin comes from though so I cant comment on that. I know some of it comes from vegetable sources and some of it probably from animal sources.

I've always linked gelatine/gelatin to MSG, and I know im not going to take the risk to consume gelatin. I don't think it could be the reason behind breakouts, I just know MSG is not healthy so I dont even want to try.