Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The 6oz. glycolic acid (AHA) plus lichochalcone is for sale. I sat down with a calculator and crunched numbers to get it to stay between my target of $15 and $20 and managed to get it down to $16.11.

You can read more about glycolic acid, aka alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) here, and more about lichochalcone here.

I personally use it for spot treatment, body acne treatment, and flakiness control. It is not required on the Acne.org Regimen, but it's a nice addition that I recommend for pretty much everyone. For me, it takes my skin from clear to pretty much perfect.

I look forward to your feedback.

Hey Dan! Did you send out the AHA to the "product testers" like you did with the jojoba, or should I get my butt on Danielkern.com and order some of this awesome stuff??

Hello!

I just ran out of everything, and happened to come back for my usual round of orders, and noticed this. Good timing I suppose!

I'm ordering it as a test.. but am worried.

I read some sites that say your supposed to apply the 10% AHA, then rinse and only leave it on for about 5 minutes. But, you say you can use it as a replacement to the other items, which is a bit of a contradiction to some of the sites that say it can cause damage, etc if left on too long.

I'm just trying to make sense of it all. Naturally, I would trust those here more than some other site, but I just want to make sure I don't burn my face off.

My acne is pretty light, at most I may break out for a few days with 4-5 zits, other than that I usually have a constant 1-2.

I have been using the regimen since I created this account.

Also, I can't use Salicylic acid(Oxy Pads), because it literally completely tears my face apart. I put it on, and my entire top layer of skin turns to white mush and falls off. Will this have the same effect do you think? BP has caused no issues besides the normal dryness.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I just ran out of everything, and happened to come back for my usual round of orders, and noticed this. Good timing I suppose!

I'm ordering it as a test.. but am worried.

I read some sites that say your supposed to apply the 10% AHA, then rinse and only leave it on for about 5 minutes. But, you say you can use it as a replacement to the other items, which is a bit of a contradiction to some of the sites that say it can cause damage, etc if left on too long.

I'm just trying to make sense of it all. Naturally, I would trust those here more than some other site, but I just want to make sure I don't burn my face off.

My acne is pretty light, at most I may break out for a few days with 4-5 zits, other than that I usually have a constant 1-2.

I have been using the regimen since I created this account.

Also, I can't use Salicylic acid(Oxy Pads), because it literally completely tears my face apart. I put it on, and my entire top layer of skin turns to white mush and falls off. Will this have the same effect do you think? BP has caused no issues besides the normal dryness.

Thanks in advance!

I've actually never heard of applying AHAs and rinsing after only 5 minutes.. I don't think you would get any real benefits from alpha hydroxy acids if you leave them on your skin for that short amount of time.

Most OTC AHA products are made with a wide margin of safety built into them, meaning they are safe for everyday use if you apply it properly. I would understand applying it for 5 minutes if it was a higher concentration of AHA - also commonly referred to as peels.

If you're worried about possible irritation (which may occur in the beginning if you have sensitive skin) use it on a small patch of skin and keep an eye out for any changes. Also, begin slowly with applications every other day and see how your skin reacts.

Ok, thank you. I may have gotten my facts crossed :)

Well, I ordered my first tube, along with the usual BP, cleanser, and moisturizer.

Can't wait to try it... I'm a bit nervous, but I will try what you said and just apply to a small area on my face.

So, there is not problem using the cleanser, followed by a bit less than normal BP, and then the AHA correct? Or must AHA only be used when the BP is not(AKA AHA at night, BP in the morning.)

Ok, thank you. I may have gotten my facts crossed :)

Well, I ordered my first tube, along with the usual BP, cleanser, and moisturizer.

Can't wait to try it... I'm a bit nervous, but I will try what you said and just apply to a small area on my face.

So, there is not problem using the cleanser, followed by a bit less than normal BP, and then the AHA correct? Or must AHA only be used when the BP is not(AKA AHA at night, BP in the morning.)

There shouldn't be a problem, no. If your skin can tolerate the amount of BP the regimen asks for, you should be fine with applying AHA along with it. AHA and BP do two very different things, so there is no harm in using them both at the same time (unless you are new to the regimen and/or begin to notice any adverse reactions in your skin).

Traditionally, the AHA solution would go before the BP.. But Dan recommends applying it after, and since it's his regimen you go ahead and follow his instructions =] so it'd be BP, then AHA, then moisturizer if needed.

Yay, exactly what I've been waiting for :) Now I can try out jojoba and this for the first time, and I am planning on replacing the morning part of the regimen with cleanse and AHA only. I suppose I'll update here if anything out of the ordinary happens.

Thanks again Dan!

Hey Dan! Did you send out the AHA to the "product testers" like you did with the jojoba, or should I get my butt on Danielkern.com and order some of this awesome stuff??

Yes, sent to product testers...on it's way.

I wonder if they're speaking of a low pH product, such as 2. Ours is about pH 4.

My best advice is to check out http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php first and make sure you're on the regimen just right. Then, I would suggest incorporating the AHA once a day and I am betting your skin will improve even more.

I'm surprised to hear that. Salicylic acid is usually pretty mild. I guess you'd have to try an AHA and see how it goes. Definitely do a patch test before using on large areas, however.

hey dan, you said that you only use aha as a spot treatment. but how about for those of us have mild acne and only use it in the mornings? how much would we really need to use?

woot!!! new product!!!!

dan I have a question~*

You mentioned add in AHA with the moisturizer...

is the AHA a moisturizer itself or how many amount is recommended to combine with the moisturizer?

And is it possible to be used with green cream (retin-A)?

I apply green cream every night on my nose and I want to try put AHA on top of it before sleep

Im waiting for ur sunscreen too :D

keep it coming!

i got my tube today and am anxious to check it out! right now i use neutrogena healthy skin lotion at night, but i'm just about out and am looking forward to using this as a mix with my moisturizer at night! woohoo! :dance:

hey dan, you said that you only use aha as a spot treatment. but how about for those of us have mild acne and only use it in the mornings? how much would we really need to use?

Check out http://www.acne.org/alpha-hydroxy-acid.php for pics of how much to use. A thin line is enough for the face since it's pretty powerful. More than a thin line and you might get too much stinging.

You mentioned add in AHA with the moisturizer...

is the AHA a moisturizer itself or how many amount is recommended to combine with the moisturizer?

Again, see http://www.acne.org/alpha-hydroxy-acid.php for pics.

And is it possible to be used with green cream (retin-A)?

I apply green cream every night on my nose and I want to try put AHA on top of it before sleep

I don't know actually. I am pretty much unfamiliar with green cream. I started using Retin-A on one side of my face just around my eye for wrinkles....shhhh...don't tell anybody. I'm doing an experiment with Retin-A and aging. At any rate, I use AHA right on top of 1% Retin-A and it's all good on my skin.

Hey Dan :D

What category is AHA+ in the treatment reviews page? I searched for it and found it, but couldn't find it in any categories.

i left this in the announcements forum too, but thought i'd copy it in here as well:

so i tried the aha+ for the first time last night, and i must say, i'm really impressed. the only aha product i've used is nhsl, and this was by far superior. the nhsl is heavily fragranced and runny compared to dan's. it would always take awhile to absorb. i really like the creamy consistency of dan's, and it absorbs easily into the skin. as far as the stinging factor, i find nhsl to sting more than dan's. actually, dan's didn't sting at all surprisingly. dan's also has a light fragrance, that i actually find kinda of nice.

i like the comparison to vanilla pudding that faydra used. it really is kind of like that. you only have to use a small amount, and the bottle is really big, so i imagine this will last me a good while. i'll give another review after using this for a little while. oh, and just for reference, i applied a little cetaphil lotion afterward since my skin is so dry, but i do find the aha+ to be pretty moisturizing on its own, so i could see it as a moisturizer substitute.